Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center console question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
era vulgaris
On a '73 2.0 would these gauges have been correct for a car equipped with a center console? Or was this console added by someone at some later point? I've never seen the gauges staggered like that, and they look different than the typical appearance group gauges I've seen.
toolguy
no, it was clock temp and volts for the appearance group console,
verticle and centered
and that stitching on the side doesn't look right
era vulgaris
Excellent! Thanks for the info!
poorsche914
The cut-down consoles with staggered gauges (clock, temp, volts) were used in 914s equipped with air conditioning.

driving.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 28 2014, 02:21 PM) *

The cut-down consoles with staggered gauges (clock, temp, volts) were used in 914s equipped with air conditioning.

driving.gif

Ah interesting! This car does have AC. Are the gauges correct though? That oil pressure gauge doesn't seem to match the others. I guess maybe someone swapped the clock out for it?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 28 2014, 02:22 PM) *

I think probably someone swapped the clock out for it.

I agree.
Jeffs9146
The original looked like these.....without the sub!! beerchug.gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 28 2014, 11:22 AM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jun 28 2014, 02:21 PM) *

driving.gif

Ah interesting! This car does have AC. Are the gauges correct though? That oil pressure gauge doesn't seem to match the others. I guess maybe someone swapped the clock out for it?

Shown below are the correct center console gauges (and orientation) for a '73 914 with air conditioning. Notice that your temp gauge is also incorrect ... it should have the larger red zone like the one in the picture.

IPB Image
era vulgaris
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Jun 28 2014, 02:57 PM) *

Notice that your temp gauge is also incorrect

Not mine yet...but hopefully soon! Just need to get this Ghia sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.