Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing glass on Baby Turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swooshdave
IPB Image

What would be the easiest way to get a replacement glass? Buy one of the reproductions? Find a used one that was thrashed except the glass?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(swooshdave @ Jun 28 2014, 06:57 PM) *

IPB Image

What would be the easiest way to get a replacement glass? Buy one of the reproductions? Find a used one that was thrashed except the glass?

I might have the lucky box of parts in the shop...think I saw one of these mirrors in there last week.
PM me next week and I'll check for a right side.
Marty
swooshdave
piratenanner.gif
infraredcalvin
Trace drivers, take to a glass shop.

I cracked my drivers stock mirror doing something dumb. Taped it back together and took to glass shop, had a bunch of choices (tint, concave, convex, etc). I chose the closest match to factory. I went to grab a bite to eat, they had it ready when I got back. Was cheap at the time, like $5, don't know how much it would be today...
swooshdave
That's another option. Thanks!
TheCabinetmaker
all this time I figured I was the only one who had these on their car, but this is the second thread on them in a couple of weeks. Anyone else have them on their cars?
Maltese Falcon
I found 2 Vitalonis and 1 teardrop shaped mirror.
Is the baby turbo made by Vitaloni ?
MartyClick to view attachment
swooshdave
Yes, should be a small sticker on the other side of the mirror. Near the rubber boot.
r_towle
The oval one would look cool...
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(swooshdave @ Jul 1 2014, 06:16 PM) *

Yes, should be a small sticker on the other side of the mirror. Near the rubber boot.

I'll check out that sticker maƱana.
This is my favorite old school mirror: 935 styleClick to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
The one on the right is the baby tornado
Kansas 914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 29 2014, 08:18 AM) *

all this time I figured I was the only one who had these on their car, but this is the second thread on them in a couple of weeks. Anyone else have them on their cars?

Hi Curt - still running them on the red car. I would love to go back to original chrome - but they work on this car (as long as I tighten them up twice a year).

Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
Car looks nice Mike.
TheCabinetmaker
Car looks nice Mike.
swooshdave
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 2 2014, 03:23 AM) *

The one on the right is the baby tornado

Baby Turbo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.