Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flipping 3rd and 5th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cwpeden
I'm going to build an autcross trans out of my spares. I have one good trans with no shift/bearing problems a spare side shift and spare tailshift. Actually surprised it good considering how i drive it.

Just wonder what i need other than a seal kit? Its a stock 2.0L.
Dave_Darling
The paper shims between the intermediate plate and the case. You will definitely need those.

Chances are at least so-so that you need one or both bearings in the intermediate plate.

Once you're in the box, you may find a whole lot of things that need to be replaced. But you won't know until you get a look at them.

--DD
cwpeden
Thanks Dave,

Case is already open and everything is good.

Now all i need are instructions.
stugray
The tool to remove the dogteeth gears.

Last time I tried to order it from PP, they were out of stock so think ahead.
Bob L.
QUOTE(stugray @ Jun 29 2014, 02:37 PM) *

The tool to remove the dogteeth gears.

Last time I tried to order it from PP, they were out of stock so think ahead.

Doesn't Dr. Evil have them?
cwpeden
Would DrEvils video cover any of this? Swapping gears, that is.
stugray
Yes I highly recommend his video.

The teardown and rebuild would be the same, just parts in different places.
Chris Pincetich
You have all the parts you need to swap gears beerchug.gif
I did this 5 years ago, as well as swapped to a 12 lb flywheel. Fun for waking up more pep racing, and I still drive around w this transaxle all the time running errands and commuting.
You'll need more gear oil to finish the job smile.gif
cwpeden
I just went to read the thread to buy the Dr's video and found that the question about swapping gears was only asked about 40 or 50 times. Good thing i started a new thread for it.

Thanks for the info guys.

All this just to beat a frickin Miata at autocross in a stock 2.0(still wont happen).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.