Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone here a travel agent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
I'm looking to book a trip for my wife and I for our 10th ann. in September. Need someone in the travel industry to help guide me on my quest for the perfect spot...

Thanks!
Mike D.
Bleyseng
This little 14th Century Venetian inn at Rethymion on Crete is the most romantic place I have been. I can post pics.
Geoff
Bleyseng
here
Bleyseng
outside patio with the rooms balcony's
Bleyseng
Cafe Venetos, they do have a website
fiid
I have had great experiences using the student travel company STA travel. They have branches all over the place, and reasonably good rates.

they will probably have a more youth oriented view of where to go - which may or may not be what you want. i would do a lot of research on the net as well.

Fiid.
reverie
Just an FYI -- as a general rule, don't believe everything you see on the websites of various hotels and B&B's. We've had a couple of bad experiences because we believed the beautiful pictures on the websites, so we went ahead and booked a reservation, but when we arrived we saw that those places were disgusting dumps! We didn't stay, of course, but what a shock it was to learn that some websites are lies.

Now we do as you're doing, Sparky -- asking fellow travellers for recommendations. IPB Image
Bleyseng
IPB Image
Thats why I posted pics of the place, Roger. I know this place and the city.
For flights you can book them yourself and save money on the internet. Tranportation is available everywhere and is easy to shop for the best deal once your there. Like actually see the cars they are renting!
Sparky
Thanks fpr all the input! She has no idea I am planning this so I'll be making some calls from my office. Since it is the end of September I'm thinking either Caribbean or perhaps Baja. We've done the Bahama's, Australia, Spain, France, and portions of the MEd. She doesn't have a favorite but keeps speaking of Cancun and Acapulco as possible future vacation spots.

Thanks again!
Mike D.
reverie
Yeah, I knew you took those pictures, Geoff.. sorry, I should have said that.
Crete.. the Greek islands.. the Italian coast.. the stuff of dreams. IPB Image

We're planning a get-away to Victoria BC, and then a jaunt to San Fran in the summer, and we were thinking about Europe in the fall but those pictures got me dreamin'. IPB Image
Bleyseng
Why didn't you say so...... Curacao is nice. The water and the beaches are well, here's a pic. Alittle bit less touristy than other places.
Bleyseng
another
froggie
Hi!!!
I'm no travel agent. But I can recommend a good one. Jean Pickard at "Explorations" in Atlanta. You can email her at Jpickard@mindspring.com or call her office at 770.432.3247. She has BEEN to every romantic spot on the face of the earth. Tell her you have a 914 and that Paul (AKA Froggie) sent you.
Kargeek
OK, here is a shameless plug...I run my office out of the building that my family owns and we have a old school Travel Agency tennet that has been here for over 20+ years. They know all the good places and have been to most of them too. You can email off their web site or call.

Tell them Dave Hall sent you...

www.u-travel.biz
714-871-1244

ask for owner-Sandi
dflesburg
I always use AAA
jim912928
Go to Kaui....very beautiful...very romantic...stay at the Hyatt there. My wife melts whenever we talk of that place.
jim912928
Go to Kaui....very beautiful...very romantic...stay at the Hyatt there. My wife melts whenever we talk of that place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.