Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
The red wire runs from "X" on the ignition switch to "15" on the headlight switch.

Anyone know what load it carries (in amps)? I'm thinking it functions as a "signal" to the headlight switch that the key is in the run position. If that's the case, then the amperage should be pretty low . . .

Thanks in advance!

Steve A-
Dave_Darling
Nope, it carries the full current for the headlights. And possibly other lights as well? Quite a few amps...

--DD
anderssj
OK, thanks. I thought maybe the big red wire to "30" on the headlight switch carried that load. Oh well . . .

Thanks again!

Steve A-

Dave_Darling
A quick double-check, because you had me doubting myself... (And I wasn't sure about the actual terminal numbers!!!) I'm reading off the 74 diagram, because I find it easiest to follow and am used to reading it for my 74.

Both 30 and 15 are power inputs.

Terminal 15 sends power to the headlights (by way of the high/low relay) and the fog light switch. It gets "fed" by terminal X on the ignition switch, which should have power when the ignition is on..

Terminal 30 is fed by fuse #10, which gets power straight from the battery, and so should be "constant" power. It powers the turn signals and interior lights, and I think at least the headlight-down function of the headlight motors.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.