Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did I buy an LE?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cjgb914
So this weekend I made the 6 hour drive to Dallas, trailer in tow. I had figured on just flipping this car and make a few bucks....914's are a bit scarce here in Lubbock. The owner had already sent me some pics, that had me very interested but was still just thinking I can sell and maybe make 600-700 dollars. So I get there, and just looking at her, he tells me it was repainted inside and out and I ask if that was the original color..."Oh no, it was black". So long story short, I figured yep I can flip it here in town. Load up, and head back home.....another 6 hours (I'm getting to old for this crap! smile.gif ) So here we are, and really start looking at it, vin 16572, paint L041, chassis 1449530.....motor wrong, hate the luggage rack and side molding added...Arrrgh, but on well. All four wheels have yellow behind the silver paint, yellow overspray on the chassis underneath! OKAY, I'm getting excited.....So what do you guys think???

KELTY360
Could be. That spoiler looks right. There will be factory attaching tabs for it if it's a gennie LE.

popcorn[1].gif
914Sixer
It is the LE range according to Registry. 16556 shows to be a BB. 16580 is the next listing with no info. Does it have grey headlight covers? Looking like it is a BumbleBee.
Johny Blackstain
Only way to know for sure is to $hell out for a worthless COA. Check to see if it has factory sway bars front & rear. If the headlight motors are grey covered, has a center console, factory tabs for the front spoiler & the sway bars are there it might be worth the COA investment. No matching numbers motor does devalue it though.
cjgb914
Yes gray headlight covers...I don't think the front spoiler is correct but it does mount where the registry shows....And I'm up for the COA....just thought I'd see what you guys think!
mepstein
If its an LE but doesn't have the paint job, does it really matter that it's an LE?
cjgb914
I agree, and I'll just sell it and move ahead. I sold a 23 and a couple of 21 window bus's many years ago for 1200 bucks (needed a full restore) and should have just hung on to them, kinda kick myself for that! So I figure if an LE might be worth something down the road, I'm hanging on to it......Granted my kids will wind up with it..Lol biggrin.gif
mepstein
Wasn't directed negative to you. I just don't get the whole "rare" LE thing. Sure the paint job is cool but...
cjgb914
Oh no, no none taken, just curious what you guys thought....alls good!
SirAndy
Look for the tabs on the front to mount the LE spoiler, they are LE specific ...
idea.gif

IPB Image
cjgb914
That's where they attach. I can get a pic tomorrow
cjgb914
Front and rear sway bars are present....need bushings. Here's a pic of the front spoiler mount and then one of the wheel
billh1963
Looking like an LE smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 1 2014, 04:50 PM) *
Looking like an LE smile.gif

agree.gif

Time to get a COA!
cheer.gif
poorsche914
aktion035.gif
cjgb914
I'm thinking the same way.....is there anything else I should be looking for?
SirAndy
QUOTE(cjgb914 @ Jul 1 2014, 05:20 PM) *
.is there anything else I should be looking for?

Your checkbook ... biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Just call 1-800-PORSCHE x5 and ask. They will let you know verbally without having to buy the COA.

BTW, the car looks convincing to me. wink.gif

Your front valance is an aftermarket unit, not factory. THis is a good example of what some LE owners did to conceal the LE colors...
cjgb914
Thanks Jeff...I'll call tomorrow.....Yep, SirAndy, I've pointed out to my wife we gots a bit of money to spend!

Thanks to all of ya'll!
boxsterfan
LE's so rare even the 914/6's have to do a double-take.
ClayPerrine
If you need help with the car, let me know. I am just west of DFW airport, and I have been messing with these damn little cars for 28 years. I have lots of spare parts that I can share too. And if I don't have it, I can help you find it.

Congrats. I wish I had found it first. biggrin.gif
cjgb914
Well crud, I call the number and I get a message that tells me "I've dialed a number that cannot be reached from my calling area".......teach me to live in Lubbock! confused24.gif So sent them an email...we'll see if they reply.
JeffBowlsby
Gotta call them...not sure if an email inquiry will work. Did you mis-dial?
cjgb914
1-800-777-7243
JeffBowlsby
1-800-767-7243
cjgb914
LOL...Duh!!! I'll call now
SirAndy
QUOTE(cjgb914 @ Jul 2 2014, 09:49 AM) *

LOL...Duh!!! I'll call now

It's a PORCH !!! laugh.gif
cjgb914
I gotta learn how to dial a phone!! biggrin.gif Okay just hung up with them, and unfortunately she had nothing for me....so I guess I just need to send for the COA and keep my fingers crossed (which my have been why I couldn't dial the phone)
Cuda911
A few days ago I stripped down a wheel I bought that had been painted some weird yellow. But, beneath was what appeared to be original LE yellow.

Oh well, it's silver now. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.