Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 struts into a 911... can do ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zephyrblau
first post... please be gentle shades.gif
it's been a long time since the old Road Glue days, but be that as it may I have a question that may seem counter intuitive.
here goes; (digest version) can I put '73 - '76 type 914 struts in a 911 ? ...and what would I need to add or change ? the desired result is simply to be able to move the car around the shop. I can see that the tie rod mountings are straight vs. 911 type. if it makes a difference the struts are Bilstein.
any help appreciated.
TIA
jerry

GeorgeRud
I did just that when I was moving an old 911 tub. Other than perhaps different pinch bolts (or wedge bolts) at the bottom ball joint, they'll bolt right up, and should be fine for pushing the car around.
bdstone914
What year 911?
Will not work on a short wheel base car.
zephyrblau
guys... thanks for the replies. the SWB consideration is well taken. I'm starting to think the interested party isn't simply looking for "...something cheap just to move the car around the shop", but is just looking for "...something cheap".

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.