Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing the dash...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I'm trying to take the entire dash off to re-cover it. Is there a simple way, or am I in for some knuckle-scraping? Some pics would be great...

there is an old topic on this, but I'm not sure there was ever a resolution. (Dead Thread)

Thanks everyone.
r_towle
Well the dash pad comes out and goes in seperately or else you will rip it around the edges.

i have a complete dash setup in the barn if you want some pics so you can see what you are dealing with...its out of the car so you could see the mounting points if its any help.

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Jan 19 2005, 08:27 PM)
there is an old topic on this, but I'm not sure there was ever a resolution. (Dead Thread)

actually, there are a few threads with very good instructions on how to do this.

keep on searching!
IPB Image Andy
boxstr
There are nine studs with nuts holding the dashpad in place. Remove the radio and the glovebox and loosen and pull the insturment cluster forward. I also like to remove the steering wheel, just make sit all easier.And remove the lower knee pad.
The get in the with your, I think it is a 14mm wrench and start taking the nuts off until you have a total of nine in your hand.
If someone can post a pic of the backside of the dashpad it will help you to locate the nuts.
CCLINDINEANDDASH
Type 4
Notching the C channle makes it easier to put the nuts back on.
JerryP
Someone posted a picture of the back of the dash pad back in the summer. It showed exactly where all the nuts are. With that it took me about 30 minutes including removing the radio, steering wheel instrument cluster and glovebox. I may have it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you. If you don't know exactly where to look for the nuts it may be frustrating.
jim912928
Kneepad and dashpad are easy...search for the pics and you'll see where all the nuts are. Hardest ones to "find" are behind the gauge cluster..they are slyly hidden! Now, if you are wanting to recover that piece of vinyl that goes clear to the window?...That is a pain in the arse. You have to remove the metal frame that the pad bolts to. When I did mine I had to remove the tank, fresh air blower motor housing etc to get to the bolts. Then you'll have to destroy the seal that is between it and the glass to pull it back...etc etc.
JerryP
JerryP
JerryP
JerryP
CptTripps
Thanks gang (and Jerry)...that's the kind of info I was looking for. I'm a visual guy...you can talk about it all day, but if I don't do it, or see a pic of it, I'm screwed...

Ok, off to the garage to take the dash out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.