Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash, very nice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Krieger
I spoke on the phone today with Spencer about some other parts. He said he had a really nice dash for sale. No pics or affiliation. He did say it was on there website.
tweet
I checked out the site. Ad says $750.00; has some pictures.
link:
https://www.partsheaven.com/product_p/91455203112shrm.htm
euro911
But why not just have one reupholstered with longer lasting, modern material for $350 or so confused24.gif
dlkawashima
The reupholstered ones I've seen have a more pronounced grain pattern than the originals. Don't mean to say they look bad ... they look very nice. It's just that they look different, and it's especially noticeable when compared against the ashtray. That said, it's not like I've seen every reupholstered dash out there ...
orthobiz
750 is still a strong price for a used dash, no?

Paul
rhodyguy
very strong. at that price everybody with a good one in the stash will be pulling them out. 914 70-76? dry.gif unsure.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 1 2014, 06:07 PM) *

But why not just have one reupholstered with longer lasting, modern material for $350 or so confused24.gif

Last I heard just dashes charged @750? Do you know a place that will do them for 350$ That would be awesome!
computers4kids
Be very careful installing a used perfect dash--it's common for them to crack due to the nuts being torqued down differently than the car it came off from--one of mine cracked within two weeks evilgrin.gif and I was very careful.
Highland
I just had my upper and lower dash refurbished by Just Dashes and it cost just under $1100 for both. As mentioned above the grain is not exact, but they explained to me that much of the foam is new and today's materials are much better than the stuff from 40 years past. Since they re-foam, they were able to fix the common sag at the instrument cluster cowl.

Below are some pictures of the critical or hard to form areas and of course an ashtray to dash grain comparison. I also "arrowed" some defects in the ashtray picture located at the right side of the instrument cluster cowl. I did drop off and pick-up the parts, but didn't think these defects were worth making a fuss about.

The top dash dropped in no problem. The plastic threads were coated with contact cement, so I had to run a nut on them to clean them off. The lower dash required some foam trimming to make it fit and Just Dashes filled in many of the mounting holes so those had to be re-drilled.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
I wonder what they charge for "just" the dash top and/or a targa pad.
Highland
I believe the upper dash was quoted at $650 and 8 week lead time (because of the back log). I forget the exact timeline but they finished a little sooner than that and don't charge your card until they start work.

With folks asking $500+ for a good original dash, I decided to go to Just Dashes so I would get something that was more durable and last. I'd be afraid my perfect 40 year old dash might crack the first time I park it out in the sun.

Don't know how much the targa pad would be, but I did get the driver side arm rest/map holder cover quoted and it was a shocking $350.
euro911
I think Sean (sean_v8_914) may have a lead on a less expensive vendor ...
Andyrew
QUOTE(Highland @ Jul 3 2014, 06:50 PM) *

I'd be afraid my perfect 40 year old dash might crack the first time I park it out in the sun.

This happened to mine... I now have a tiny crack in it where you cant see.. sad.gif
euro911
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jul 3 2014, 06:13 AM) *
Last I heard just dashes charged @750? Do you know a place that will do them for 350$ That would be awesome!
Hey Bob, I looked back in the Classifieds and apparently Sean is doing them himself for $350 ... Click here
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.