Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 International Meeting 2015 in Bavaria - new pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
914_1.7
The next Porsche 914 International Meeting 2015 will take place in Bavaria, Germany from June 3rd to June 7th 2015. driving.gif

Register now: 914 International 2015

cu in Bavaria beerchug.gif

Peter
Mike Bellis
I will make this some day! smile.gif

I need to plan for maybe 2017. I have to make it worth it and try to ship my 914 over there. But I might not want to come back!
JeffBowlsby
Definitely a memorable time, unlike any 914 event here in the USA. All 914 owners should do an event like this in their lifetime. Our Euro 914 brothers are cordial hosts and the scenery is unbelievable.
914_1.7
hi jeff, it was great to meet you and your wife at bormio! Hope to see you again soon. cheers peter
jim_hoyland
Looks interesting; I'm thinking of going... smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
They have 73 signups already...closes at 100.

http://914-international.914freunde.de/_en/voranmeldung.php
Porschef
Wow talk about a bucket list crossout...I've got a pile of second cousins in the Heidelberg/ Mannheim area that I've never met. sad.gif What a cool trip. the Porsche museum would be a nice sidebar...

So all I need are six lousy numbers... rolleyes.gif
johannes
Already registered ... wink.gif ... I also have cousins in Bavaria.

johannes
Approaching slowly...
Mueller
Sherryl and I went to the 914 International meet in Deauville, France in '03

We had a great time and even without knowing the native language we had no problems.

I saw my 1st 914/6 Sportmatic (?) there!

57lincolnman
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 2 2014, 04:57 PM) *

I will make this some day! smile.gif

I need to plan for maybe 2017. I have to make it worth it and try to ship my 914 over there. But I might not want to come back!

I shipped my 914 over three years ago for the 914 in Belgium. You will to get Hagerty Insurance - London office. They're very helpful. You can only get insurance for the time period of the actual event plus some time before and after. I was able to get a month total. It very expensive ($900 for 30 days). You'll want to consider shipping into an out of Belgium because they have fewer restrictions than the German ports. The car must be at the port on the day the insurance runs out. It takes about 3 weeks. I shipped my car out of Brunswick, GA. Use an expediter that knows about classic cars. I used roll-on/roll-off because it's much cheaper than using a container. Everything worked out fine. Oh, you'll want some marine insurance too for the shipping, but that's inexpensive.

A lot of red tape, but nothing beats driving your own 914 in the fast lane on the Autobahn.
thieuster
Remember... there's no speed limit on large sections of the Autobahn! It's very addictive to come over by plane, rent a car and have a go!

Most cars do about 75 - 80 on the Autobahn, but you're not considered a hooligan when you're on the left lane touching, 120 or more! aktion035.gif German cars are 'Vollgasfest': full power on long trips. Not only Porsches, but Audis and BMWs as well!

Obey the speedlimits every time you see a sign, though. Speeding tickets are very, very high!

For US forum members, the euro vs dollar exchange has become very interesting(...) lately. Just come over and enjoy!

Menno
r_towle
Bump
johannes
In two days ... Other members from this forum at this event ?
Gustl
of course Peter, the topic starter biggrin.gif

say hello from Austria, when you meet him beerchug.gif

and have a good time - weather should be fine all days !!
Larmo63
We have family near Wolfratshausen…..
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 7 2014, 05:02 PM) *

Already registered ... wink.gif ... I also have cousins in Bavaria.

idea.gif My dad's family came from Ulm Germany(and came here, settled in what became New Ulm, MN) it would give me a good excuse to go look up distant relatives and see the bavarian country side! I'll have to look for next year maybe though-and the wife and my daughter want to go to France.... i see a plan forming!
914_1.7
International 914 meeting in Bavaria

Excellent Meeting, sunny weather, very kind people.
Many thanks to the organizers !! pray.gif

Here some pictures.

cheers Peter

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mueller
Awesome..huge turnout, I think we only had about 20 cars total in France.
Valy
Great pictures!
How many cars did ypu have there?
914_1.7
There were 45 cars in pre meeting and 112 cars in main meeting driving.gif
914_teener
Thanks for the pictures!

I am wondering:

Looks like quite a few originally exported 914's now back in Europe.

Is that the case?
914_1.7
Your are right - several 914s with US spec are back in Europe.
johannes
Absolutely great event. Best organisation ever.

Audi Museum
IPB Image

Café-Kuchen* in Bad Gögging
IPB Image
ndfrigi
Is there a way we can see individual picture of each car attended on that event?
Andyrew
Wow, 112? Thats almost WCR 2005 level!

Very awesome!
JeffBowlsby
Thank You Peter. drooley.gif
Big Len
More pics please.
Gustl
hey Peter & Johannes, more pics please, we need pics hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
siverson
That's awesome. I really need to go to this next year...

-Steve
johannes
How about moving images (not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T74PHs8oTs
Big Len
Fantastic.....have any road videos?
abes914
thanks for sharing! very encouraging. 914 getting lots if love
Pursang
Just...WOW. Thank you for the photos. I have never seen that many 914s in one place before, even in photos.
Porschef
QUOTE(Pursang @ Jun 14 2015, 03:12 AM) *

Just...WOW. Thank you for the photos. I have never seen that many 914s in one place before, even in photos.

Agreed. Don't have any numbers to back it up but I'd bet a Fuch that the percentage of cars that are existing/drivable to the amount sold in Germany or Europe for that matter is much higher there than here.
johannes
Short video I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSw5RXxpFbw
Gustl
nice smilie_pokal.gif
thieuster
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jun 15 2015, 08:33 AM) *

nice smilie_pokal.gif

^^this^^

Is there a place & date for 2016 already?

Menno
914_1.7
The International Meeting 2016 will be organized by VW-Porsche Club Siegerland:
http://www.914-siegerland.de/index.php?id=141
914_1.7
and here the party pics:

914ers at Saturday:
Click to view attachment

Belgian 914ers:
Click to view attachment

British 914ers
Click to view attachment

Bavarian Ladies:
Click to view attachment

Partytime:
Click to view attachment
Big Len
Where is Siegerland?
914_1.7
Siegerland is in the midwest of Germany:

Click to view attachment
thieuster
Siegerland is located halfway between Düsseldorf and Frankfurt am Main. (pronounced as 'mine').
Düsseldorf has a great airport with direct flights from US East Coast airports. Mainly done by Delta Air and Air Berlin. And Siegerland is roughly 100 miles from Stuttgart. Easy one day trip on the Autobahn (with large stretches without a speed limit!!)

Menno
johannes
QUOTE(thieuster @ Jun 15 2015, 11:19 AM) *

Siegerland is located halfway between Düsseldorf and Frankfurt

And 100 miles from the Nürburgring ...

914_1.7
Nürburgring: http://www.nuerburgring.de/en
914_1.7
hi johannes,
thanks for the video - very nice !!
Starlack
Hello
yes the next 914 meeting in 2016 will take in Siegerland - The Siegerland is a region in state Nordrein Westphalia .90Km east of Cologne 150km north of Frankfurt and 350Km north of Stuttgart.

I am 914 Siegerland Club member, If you are interested I can when the time comes, also provides information to tell
Big Len
The video was terrific.

Are the party pictures members who dress in their countries traditional outfits?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.