Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V-DUB BASH LATIMORE FARM YORK SPRINGS PA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
struckn
V-DUB BASH is on again for it's second year. It's mostly an Air Cooled VW event but Air Cooled Porsche is invited too. We had about 6-8 914's show up last year.

Anybody interested? Saturday July 19th. FREE and a nice place to spend the day.
We park on the show grounds in field.

Click the following for full details.

My Webpage

Doug in Shrewsbury Pa.

driving.gif beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
This is really funny. I was logging in tonight to post this event up in the garage.

Instead I'll move this post there.

Three 914s are featured on the event website. :-)
None of them are green :-(

Zach
struckn
Zack, is your Zambie on the road yet?
I like the location, Ive done several shows at Latamore, it's the perfect distance for me with great roads to and from. No charge to get in good food and you can come and go when ever you want. Lots of nice VW's, and the 914's got a lot of attention.

type47
Planning on attending. Root indicated interest too. 914dave and Dion indicated interest too; if you recall, we were there last year. This event is the goal for my CIS project 'course I probably gave it the Kiss 'o death by just typing that. Bubba's after the event?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(struckn @ Jul 2 2014, 10:40 PM) *

Zack, is your Zambie on the road yet?
I like the location, Ive done several shows at Latamore, it's the perfect distance for me with great roads to and from. No charge to get in good food and you can come and go when ever you want. Lots of nice VW's, and the 914's got a lot of attention.

Tony still has my car at Translog.
Chances are my car won't be done in time. Which is fine. As I told him - I'm not in a rush, call me when its done.

Would be awesome if it was though. I can't wait to start driving it again. Been WAY to long.

I'll be going there in the subaru or the toyota with 1 or both of the boys in tow...
Zach

saigon71
I'm in.

Additionally, my house is about six miles from the event. I'd like to have the crew over for burgers, dogs & beer after the show. Let me know if you plan on stopping by so I know how much food to get.

Time to unite the green teeners of South Central PA again!

Looking forward to it!

Bob
914dave
Dion and I are definitely going. Shawn914 is in too. Bob, we're making a run to Chubby's BBQ after the show. Had a great time there last year. Promised the lady I'd bring some back this year.
rgolia
My 914 is at Tony's too. If I have it back by then I may make it out there. Sounds like fun.
VaccaRabite
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Great car show on Saturday, muzzle loader shooting competition on Sunday. :-)

Zach
crash914
hmmmm, July 19th is Chesapeake's autocross #4....it will be over by 12:30 or so...at BWI...
zymurgist
Shoot. I'm going to be out of town that weekend. unsure.gif
type47
icon_bump.gif OK, I'll use my 4000th post to get this to page 1 biggrin.gif
Click to view attachmentlast year
Click to view attachmenton the way to Chubby's
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 14 2014, 08:44 AM) *

icon_bump.gif OK, I'll use my 4000th post to get this to page 1 biggrin.gif
Click to view attachmentlast year
Click to view attachmenton the way to Chubby's

Roof panel off, heading into the rain storm. driving.gif
saigon71
icon_bump.gif

What time are the teeners rolling in?
VaccaRabite
Are we going to attempt to convoy in? Won't have the 914, but would be fun to drive in with you all.

Zach
type47
I might be a convoy of 1 from NOVA, haven't heard back from anyone in my area. Opens at 8 ...
914dave
Dion and I are meeting Shawn914 to see his project on the way. We'll run the turnpike from the King of Prussia mall to 15 south. Should get to Latimore around 8:45/9:00. Pm me if anyone wants to meet along the way to caravan in.
914dave
QUOTE(type47 @ Jul 16 2014, 07:33 AM) *

I might be a convoy of 1 from NOVA, haven't heard back from anyone in my area. Opens at 8 ...

Jim , are you bringing your car?
saigon71

What time do you plan on arriving Jim? I could meet you on Rt. 15 just South of the event and double the size of the caravan.

Is the CIS ready? popcorn[1].gif
type47
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 16 2014, 07:24 AM) *

Jim , are you bringing your car?

I'll be driving a 914 but unfortunately, not the CIS project 914. I've been trying to get it to run without success and contemplated today to take it to somebody for help. It ran at roots shop but not since. Maybe need to drop it out of the car and start from square 1. Hanging my head in shame... On a lighter note, my son got a job near Collegeville PA and we will be picking him up at the airport and shopping for houses next Monday in the area for a couple of days ....
struckn
I'm shooting to be at the gate at 9AM and will try to park over at the white fence on the far side of the grounds from the buildings where some of you guys got together last year before leaving.

If you get there before us try to go over there so we all find each other and get together.

I'm coming up from New Freedom to Hanover then North on 94 then a short hop North on 15.

The weather looks to be great. driving.gif

piratenanner.gif
type47
I'll plan my trip to meet at the gate at 9
saigon71
I'll meet you guys at the gate at 9AM. driving.gif

With zero RSVP's for burgers & beer at my place, I think it's safe to cancel. biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Well, Chubbys it is then.

I'll be shooting to get there around 10 or 11, depending on what kind of honeydos are tossed at me before I can get out the door.

Zach
struckn
Sounds like a Plan. See you all there 9AM at the Gate, or at the in field if you come later. Gonna be a nice day.

The VW people last year are a good bunch and it will be interesting to see if it's even a bigger show then last years Show. Last year had I'm guessing maybe 300 V-Dubs?

Doug
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
Bobs car as we headed back north on 15 after lunch.
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
Repping for Philly!
Also, check the mirror!

Other pics from the show will have to wait till I get them off my real camera this evening. Time to go sell some knobs to Subaru guys...
Zach
type47
Nice camera work Theo ...
Click to view attachment
Dion and Dave, Paul, Doug, Bob, Jim
Click to view attachment
Ralph
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
the twins
Click to view attachment
Dave (hidden) Bob, Paul, Dion by his car door
Click to view attachment
several buses
914dave
Was another great Latimore show. Lots of laughs and some really nice cars. It was good to see familiar faces and meet some new ones today. Chubbys was food was awesome again. The trip home was void of torrential rain.
The promotor told Dion and I that we could have our own 914 show within the show. They would give us a seperate area and announce winners with their award presentation. We would have to provide our own awards and categories. So we're talking about trying to promote a better turnout next year with some judging catiegories and awards. There was some talk of possible categrories. I don't think the best green 914 award is gonna fly!
Here are a few pics.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dion
Awesome pix guys. I'll post mine tomorrow.
Great catching up with everyone.
Great food at Chubby'z. Jim get that CIS sorted.
Bob car looked great. Nice job man!
saigon71
Great day!

Always a pleasure hanging out with the crew from 914world, discussing teener dreams & follies. dry.gif Enjoyed meeting some new folks as well.

Caravanning up & down rt 15 for lunch at Chubby's was a highlight for me...happy to be a part of it after 4 years of work.

Thanks for the props on my car Dion. Your car looks bad-ass rolling down the highway from both the front & back - well done! beerchug.gif

Here are some pics I snapped before my camera battery went dead.

The 914's:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

saigon71
This guy used some type of textured powder coating on his horizontal cooling tin - great look for an air cooled engine:

Click to view attachment

Dion
More pix
Dion
Ralph's 914
Dion
bus
Dion
more
Dion
VW
Dion
vw
Dion
more
Dion
Ralph
Dion
vw
Dion
Jim's
Dion
Jim's
Dion
Paul's Black 914
Dion
Fire truck
Dion
buggy detail
VaccaRabite
Theo is now fixated on Westys.

He has been talking about them non-stop since the show.

He spent a signficant amount of time at the show telling Westy owners that I needed to get one.

At the Subaru meet we went to after Chubbies, he was telling all these WRX guys they needed to get a Westy "with a camper top."

Oh dear....
Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.