Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking brake bushing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RickyTicky
Starting to take the car apart and I noticed the parking brake handle was a little worn. Cables are fine but handle needs some work. Wondering if anyone knows where to find the bushing for the handle? Couldn't find anything on the web for it. Thanks!

swooshdave
Is it plastic?
bdstone914
QUOTE(swooshdave @ Jul 3 2014, 07:52 AM) *

Is it plastic?

They are plastic. I might have one from a scrap handle.
Mikey914
Yes they are plastic. I have not seen them as a stand alone item. Maybe worth making these?
kkid
Bought one from AA few years ago.
kkid
Hand Brake Sleeve - Genuine Porsche
G91442424700
They sell it @ $11.06.
Cap'n Krusty
You don't say where you are, but if you're anywhere near a dealer you can order one. That's where the aftermarket sources get their dealer parts. The REAL part number is 914 424 247 00. They won't have it in stock, but they can have it in a few days, and you won't be stuck with paying freight. Many dealers give a substantial discount to PCA members, BTW.

The Cap'n
RickyTicky
QUOTE(kkid @ Jul 3 2014, 11:08 AM) *

Hand Brake Sleeve - Genuine Porsche
G91442424700
They sell it @ $11.06.

You're a lifesaver thank you!
barefoot
QUOTE(RickyTicky @ Jul 3 2014, 09:13 AM) *

Starting to take the car apart and I noticed the parking brake handle was a little worn. Cables are fine but handle needs some work. Wondering if anyone knows where to find the bushing for the handle? Couldn't find anything on the web for it. Thanks!

measure and see if Mc Master Carr has one.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-sleeve-bearings/=soj6rh
bandjoey
Ace Hardware too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.