Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Maintenance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
What's your cliche' for trying to keep up on 914 maintenance for a daily driver?

Mine: It's like trying to sweep dust during a tornado.
ClayPerrine
It's like trying to cut the yard with toenail clippers.

It's like trying to get fleas off a cat with tweezers.

It's like trying to put out a wildfire with a squirt gun.

It's like trying to find a rust free 914. biggrin.gif

SirAndy
It's like driving a 914 every day?
confused24.gif
damesandhotrods
I have a few constraints between life and living in an apartment, but I don’t have any cliché for “trying to keep up maintenance”. I’m olde enough that I grew up with cars that needed maintenance. I had a very German uncle who lectured me many times before I got my first car. He was very big on maintenance, doing repairs right, and as long as it’s apart what else should be done. I may have spent a little more on car’s running costs over the years, but every English car I’ve owned has been as or more reliable then my friends American cars. Following my uncles mantras, I found I can drive a 41 year old Porsche with confidence…
TheCabinetmaker
I don't spend much time working on my car. It's as reliable as any car I've driven. And I do drive my car everyday.
Mblizzard
It's like drinking from a fire hose.
pcar916
Mine's good... except when it's like pushing rope.

That's usually something I did to myself. After you've built the car into various iterations and over many years there's really nothing you can pin on others.
JawjaPorsche
Like trying to nail jello to a tree!
bandjoey
It's like moving from jackstands to wheel ramps and believing the car is 'almost' ready to drive
sean_v8_914
its easier to keep up than to catch up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.