Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HID Lighting anybody use these
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
HID Lamps retor fit style from Sulvania

They are ugly but has anybody used them, they would light up the road for sure. You don't see them until you pop the lights up anyway and then you can't stare at them to tell how ugly they are.
McMark
This one musta slipped past you. IPB Image http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=22622

I like the HID thing and would like to find some way to make it work.
Brando
Our headlights aren't a sealed-beam unit are they (like VW Bug lights)? You could just replace the internal bulb component with a brighter one or HID one...
Dr Evil
Ours are sealed beam unless you upgrade to H4 (which aren't street leagle, blah blah blah).
Brando
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jan 20 2005, 09:20 AM)
Ours are sealed beam unless you upgrade to H4 (which aren't street leagle, blah blah blah).

How many people have been given tickets (on retractable headlights) that aren't street legal H4s?
Dr Evil
How many people have been given tickets (on retractable headlights) that aren't street legal H4s?

See my previos response:

blah blah blah

Its not a real issue, I'm sure.
AlexO
I ran the H4 conversion in NY for a while. No legal problems. Even told the guy that did my state inspection that I had 55/100w bulbs. He didn't care. Just dim your beams for traffic. No worries.
--Alex
MattR
H4's arent street legal? I have them on my 912... oh well.
AlexO
H4's are leagal. Its just to convert to those bulbs we use a euro style reflector thats not DOT approved. Yea, my Miata's getting 'em soon too....
--Alex
airsix
My first 914 had euro H4's, or more correctly is had one. Previous owner had thrown one away when the bulb went and replaced it with an incandesant! DAPO!!!!!!!!!

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.