Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: options for 6 hole aftermarket steering wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gereed75
What are the hub options that are available for mounting a 6 hole aftermarket steering wheel. I have a nice vintage Racemark that I would like to put in my six.

Thanks and happy fourth!!
jmill
Momo makes one. Pelican has it. It appears it also fits the 356B&C. Not mine but have to include a pic of a nice wheel.

HarveyH
Dino / Raid wheel, on the car when I got it so I don't know the model...

rgalla9146
Both cars pictured are 4cyl.
He's looking to put a MOMO or Racemark in a 6 cyl.
ME TOO !
Anyone ?
I just looked at the parts listed listed on Pelican.
$84 for the MOMO hub. With accordion rubber cover.
$75 more for a smooth rubber sleeve to make it look right.
The old original hubs were solid aluminum, tapered , with black crinkle finish.
toolguy
Here is a vintage Nardi. . I used a stock Porsche steering wheel, cut off the wheel and kept the hub, machined and tapped holes. . Worked fine. .
rgalla9146
I think you are looking for one like this.
GeorgeRud
There are generally two types of 6 bolt hubs, the Momo style and the Nardil/Personal style. I think Racemark may use the Nardi style hub, but I'm not sure.

Either way, adapters are available to switch from one style to the other, so enjoy your project.
gereed75
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 5 2014, 01:48 AM) *

There are generally two types of 6 bolt hubs, the Momo style and the Nardil/Personal style. I think Racemark may use the Nardi style hub, but I'm not sure.

Either way, adapters are available to switch from one style to the other, so enjoy your project.

Thanks guys. I like the adapted stock wheel hub idea and I'll look for a Nardil adapter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.