Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Is this one done?

After niticing that the gas lines were cligged with a tar like material, I puuled the tank for cleaning .

It seems like they pour simething in the tank and all the lines cimingnout were cloogged.
What the hell would someone pour in there?
Accirding to the PO, the car was running but on 3 cyl.
I can't imagine this car running at all in thjs condition.

Di i need to luuk doe an other tank?
914itis
More
SirAndy
Holy crap! blink.gif
SirAndy
Try to wash it out and see what the actual metal underneath looks like. You might be able to save the tank.
idea.gif
rmdinmd
WTF.gif almost looks like tar or roofing cement. Is that on the inside? you could try cleaning it out using kerosene and a chain or rocks and shaking it. but you would need to get it all out of there. If not it will just keep sheeplove.gif things up.

All I can say is what the hell were they thinking? blink.gif

If you can get another tank for a decent price you might be better off.

Maybe that was their way of trying to fix a leak? screwy.gif
Java2570
Uhhhh....wow, it does look like roofing tar or some kind of rubberized undercoating!
That tank looks pretty rusty down there too. I'm guessing some idiot was trying to hide some rust holes.
914itis
Yeah, i think i better off locating another tank. There had to be a reson for someone to put the tar there. It went as far back as the filter thru the lines. At first i was thinking 20 years of sitting fuel. Or maybe his wife didnt want him to drive it? confused24.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.