Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 1.7 FI is suddenly running rich....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lennyhope
My 1.7 FI is suddenly running rich. I have not changed anything i am aware of. I sometimes have a lose injector plug but that's it. Any suggestions where to start troubleshooting?
Bob L.
I would check all the vacuum hoses. Next would be injectors, The seals and the injector itself. Don't forget the cold start injector.
mepstein
Mine ran very rich when I forgot to plug in the cold start injector. Drove ok but the exhaust was wet with gas
Java2570
Take a look at this webpage: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
You could have an MPS (Manifold Pressure Sensor) that has a leaky diaphragm, that
would cause you to run very rich.
Or an open CHT (Cylinder Head Temperature) sensor could cause a rich situation.
The website linked has a lot of troubleshooting and parts information that could help diagnose this rich issue.
lennyhope
Doh! Where is the cold start injector??
Java2570
Cold start injector is attached to the air plenum....see picture:

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 5 2014, 12:44 PM) *

Mine ran very rich when I forgot to plug in the cold start injector. Drove ok but the exhaust was wet with gas

The assumed connection stated here is impossible. As in, "can't happen".

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Java2570 @ Jul 5 2014, 12:53 PM) *

Take a look at this webpage: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
You could have an MPS (Manifold Pressure Sensor) that has a leaky diaphragm, that
would cause you to run very rich.
Or an open CHT (Cylinder Head Temperature) sensor could cause a rich situation.
The website linked has a lot of troubleshooting and parts information that could help diagnose this rich issue.

Won't start with an open CHT. I would persue the MPS and the hose connecting it to the intake plenum.

The Cap'n
lennyhope
Thanks......ALL great info. I check the tightness of all th ehoses etc and it ran well. Took the car for a 6 mile trip and ran fine. Tick over a little low upon return though....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.