Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy 4th of July to me!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marv's3.6six
July 4 2014. On this day my 914-6 GT was delivered to me. The project took over 10 years to complete. Besides parts, labor and a whole lot of love....it also included 2 independent Porsche shops, attorneys! and legal fees!

Anyway really glad it's with me now.... and I would say she is 98% complete.

I have put maybe 100 miles on her in the last two days and took it to Cars & Coffee Temecula this morning. She go's like stink and is a friggin torque monster, Good times!
JeffBowlsby
More...Pics...Pleez... drooley.gif
Drums66
....Congratulations!(I like it!)
flag.gif bye1.gif
Elliot Cannon
Finally! Congratulations Marv. It looks great and I'm sure a blast to drive. And you don't even have to peddle or paddle to have some fun. (Just don't park it in neutral). laugh.gif
Cheers, Elliot
mepstein
congrats! driving.gif
StratPlayer
bad ass car first.gif
mgp4591
Sharp lookin' car! What wheels are those? drooley.gif
Mike Bellis
I'm very happy for you. All the years finally paid off!

Very nice car!!! first.gif
bulitt
Congrats!!!
Awesome build thread, awesome car first.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=41464&hl=
JRust
I've been there with my LE resto. Nothing worse than getting hosed by a shop. I got hosed by my paint guy & then another shop. Sucks when you have issues that way. So glad to see you made it through & have your car back. Looks kick ass evilgrin.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 6 2014, 08:02 AM) *

Sharp lookin' car! What wheels are those? drooley.gif

The wheels are HRE 311 3 piece 17" made for early 911, a Fuchs replica wheel with forged centers.....quite light the rears are 19 lbs. Unfortunately no longer available.

Thanks for all the kind words gents. I have been fiddling with it all day... its so so great to have it back in my garage. biggrin.gif
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 5 2014, 01:55 PM) *

More...Pics...Pleez... drooley.gif

race914
Absolutely Beautiful!!
infraredcalvin
Very nice, glad it all worked out! Congrats!
TINCAN914
Beauty.... I need to get connected, is the coffee and cars? Is it monthly, if so, is it the same time each month?
rick 918-S
Too bad about the drama. Nice car!
PanelBilly
Where's the video and the picture of the smile on your face?
Cuda911
Fantastic! If you get the chance, bring it to the San Diego Cars & Coffee sometime, in Carlsbad,
ConeDodger
wub.gif OMG! biggrin.gif
lonewolfe
That's a beautiful car you have there. What is the undercoating that was used?
Steve
Congratulations!! You should also bring it to Irvine Cars and Coffee!!
R8CERX
Marv!!

Great looking piece!

I can't wait to see it in person.

The event that Marv is talking about is once a month, first Saturday of the month from 7 to 9 am in the TEMECULA MALL--COSI's parking lot

It is not the TEMECULA CARS AND COFFEE--which is held I believe every Tuesday at the Californian Newspaper Parking lot near the Old Town Temecula.

Two different events!

The COSI's gathering seems to have a little more exotic cars--similar to the one in Orange County.

Marv--give me a jingle!!

Post more pictures!

RX
zymurgist
Shiny! smilie_pokal.gif
Chris Pincetich
awesome beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.