Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got it!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
Click to view attachment
just took delivery of my new ride!
after much ado about very little corporate auto transport brokered the shipping thru PHE express picked up 7/1 in 1000 oaks delivered 7/5 to Fort Worth dirty but none the worse from what I can tell
Willum was awesome thru out the purchase and delivery process both before & after he had my $, great guy can't say enough good about him
I'm totally new to this but my porsche buddy who test drove it said it needs a valve adjustment so I guess that's first up
wish me luck I know where to come for help
woohoo!
cjl
SLITS
Nice ride!

driving.gif
Harpo
welcome.png

Nice car

David
cpavlenko
Kewl, enjoy the 914. What year ? aktion035.gif
theleschyouknow
73 2.0 Bahia red
2 now 3 owner car
Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Nice Score! beerchug.gif
brant
Very cool. Great
Cuda911
Congrats!!! I've driven this car (even put in a buy offer on it... but you beat me to it!). A very sweet car! Fun to see where it ended up! smile.gif
theleschyouknow
cuda
I've thought about it & it's funny you wanted a "candy" colored car & I was looking for something more low key like silver love silver & marathon
in the end it was timing, the year motor and docs that sold me
your car looks awesome the mahles turned out great!
will keep y'all posted
Big Len
Nice....best of luck!!
PanelBilly
Looks like a fun car to drive. When were you plan I g on putting it up on jack stands where it belongs?
Porschef
Hey CJ, sweet! Best of luck with it. Looks like you got a good one. What's an extra month, except worth the wait.

And yeah, a car from TO is gonna have a much drier tub than one from LI, all things being equal. Enjoy! beer.gif

Joe
rhodyguy
is that the salvage title car out of california?
theleschyouknow
yep salvage branded title out of cali
will try to hold my thumb over that part of the title when I register smile.gif
seriously tho I'm not worried about it I don't plan on flipping it so I figure the branded title will not be that big a deal if my daughter ever decides to sell
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 6 2014, 09:43 AM) *

Hey CJ, sweet! Best of luck with it. Looks like you got a good one. What's an extra month, except worth the wait.

And yeah, a car from TO is gonna have a much drier tub than one from LI, all things being equal. Enjoy! beer.gif

Joe

thanks joe and thanks for all your help during the search
definitely worth the wait
zambezi
As these cars (or any car for that matter) get older and more collectable, a salvage title would mean less and less as long as the car is still sound. Through the years many cars exceed their value and can get salvaged for various reasons, not always catastrophic reasons. If I were offered a Porsche speedster project and it had a salvage title, I would not think twice about. These cars will not be much different in a few years. As long as the tub is sound and drives well, a salvage title should not hurt it. My 928 had a salvage title when I bought it because of a prior transmission problem after it had been stolen. The previous owner bought the car and repaired the trans and drove it. I then bought it and also drove it, that was almost 8 years ago and I drive it daily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.