Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EMPI VOLKSWAGEN WHEEL BEETLE 68 UP 914 ALLOY 17X7 CHROME 9723
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyN
Hi

I found this on ebay and thought maybe they will fit under my stock but rolled 71 914fender?
EMPI VOLKSWAGEN WHEEL BEETLE 68 UP 914 ALLOY 17X7 CHROME 9723

Sorry no picture they look like 2liter Fuchs

Tony
TonyN
IPB Image
Here what they look like.
Tony
jmill
Here's the info on them. Better price too:

914 Alloys, aka "2-Liters" will spruce up any late model VW and give it that classic Porsche look. Gloss black with polished lip and spokes. Takes 60 degree style lug nuts. 5.5"wide wheel has 4-1/2" backspacing and fits the late style VW bolt pattern: 4 lugs on 130mm. Comes with cap and chrome valve stem

http://www.shop.kaddieshack.com/EMPI-2-Lit...Chrome-9723.htm
TonyN
Thanks for the info, the ones I am looking at are 7x17 so they are a little different then
the 15x5.5s
I was thinking of getting better rubber under my car.

Tony
TonyN
Thanks for the info, the ones I am looking at are 7x17 so they are a little different then
the 15x5.5s
I was thinking of getting better rubber under my car.

Tony
Mike Bellis
If they are indeed 17x7 and a VW offset, then no they will not fit without spacers.

I think the 17x7 claim is suspect since both ads are the same part number.

According to the EMPI catalog, that is a 15x5.5 wheel... sad.gif I think the ebay ad is wrong. Buyer beware...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
TonyN
Thanks for the info, I also check empi web site and couldn't find 17' rims.
The ebay ad been up for over month. I called the ebay seller and asked about 17" rims in the ad and they acted like they were 17" rims.
But they said the were not sure they would fit a 914. Too bad they aren't 17 " because I need new rims for my 914.
rhodyguy
Pretty expensive wheels. No, VERY expensive! I don't quite understand why you want 17" wheels. Overkill on a narrow body car IMHO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.