Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
I ordered parts Sunday night late and guess what was on my dest after lunch. Even better was the price, $158 for two rear wheel bearings, set of front suspension bushings and a set of rear suspension bushings including shipping.

So often we post that bad about vendors I thought it only fair to post when they do good. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Now I have something to do this weekend.
tat2dphreak
I've gotten a ton of crap from Pelican... they are my first choice in vendors, usually...

good people, good prices!
Rhodes71/914
They have done me right every order.

Very nice on the phone if I happen to call instead of order on line.
Sammy
Tuesday at noon I ordered a couple o' heater hoses from pelican for the taildragger, they arived at my house yesterday about 26 hours after i placed the order. Not bad.
Joe Ricard
There was a short time last fall when the delivery was lacking. I am glad they resolved the problems. I search PP 1st unless I know of somebody selling it used.
I have also taken two of the stickers and put them on magnetic material so I can display on my car when I race.
lapuwali
I've bought a lot of stuff from Pelican over the years, but they were still having delivery problems as recently as last month. Somehow, their shipping system pulled up an old address of mine and shipped an order to that address. I called, and they made good on it, and shipped me a replacement order w/o question. Then they did it AGAIN on the next order. This cost them money and didn't please me much. Again, they made good w/o a quibble, so I can't really complain. No idea how it happened, considering I'd ordered parts for my current address and gotten them shipped w/o problems.

The thing I find the most irritating is the amount of stuff they show as NLA in their web catalog that they have in stock when you call them up. They have pretty much the nicest online catalog in the car parts world, but they don't maintain it properly. They seem to be a real stand-up operation, they just can't get their IT shit together.
Carlitos Way
My experiences with Pelican have always been superb.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (cmolina @ Jan 20 2005, 12:49 PM)

mine too IPB Image IPB Image
DougC
Just last week I ordered a bunch of weatherstripping seals from Pelican, got an email Tue saying that they were out of stock on the fender to cowling seals. It's great that they sent me the message and gave me the option to send all of the other stuff now, instead of holding everything until 'who-knows-when'.

Doug C
Lou W
Aaron Cox Posted on Jan 20 2005, 12:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (cmolina @ Jan 20 2005, 12:49 PM)

mine too    

Ditto, E-mail updates, etc. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.