Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 2.0L SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
etcmss
1974 914 2.0 for sale $9000
Recent renovation.
Nice daily driver paint in black, with new tires (less than 50 miles) and chrome Fuch type wheels-even the spare is new, refurbished PMB brake rotors and ready for new owner. Engine and transmission have about 96,000 miles and in very good condition. Starts right up. does not leak oil.
Interior received added sound proofing on floors, new carpets, new dash and vinyl, door inner and outer rubber, new thresholds.
Many rubber pieces, trim and miscellaneous from 914 Rubber. New clutch and accelerator cables and great pedal assembly. New 19mm brake master cylinder
Gages refurbished and controllable to different colors. Replaced the muffler with a real nice unit.
Previous owner had battery tray and longs replaced (Brad Mayeur and Michael did the work). The hell hole is solid. The car is very sound.
Front and rear trunks rust free. Fuel pump and filter moved to front trunk
Runs very well with no leaks and nice shifting.
What does it need? 1. The seat cushions have rips (otherwise the interior is in great shape).
Attached are 2 links to lots of pictures.

http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/etcmss/l...he%20for%20sale

and
http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/etcmss/l...14%20for%20sale

adding new photobucket album--
http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/etcmss/library/1974%20914

8/13/14- when originally posted the car had some rust pitting through the paint--the car sale was put on hold and the rust was addressed. only the 4 fenders had this problem.
All 4 fenders were stripped to bare metal, rust etching primer added, sanded, 2 coats high build primer applied to complete car, sanded after each coat. complete car was re-sprayed, sanded and polished.

815-634-3716
Cairo94507
This could be the deal of the century. Car looks nice and the price is very good for this very desirable year and model. GLWTS
era vulgaris
Why do the quarter panels need to be repainted, when according to the date on the pics they were just painted this past january?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jul 6 2014, 04:43 PM) *

Why do the quarter panels need to be repainted, when according to the date on the pics they were just painted this past january?

He mentioned "it has some bubbling on the quarter panels" so I would think that would be the reason.

Seems like a good car!
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 6 2014, 09:54 PM) *

He mentioned "it has some bubbling on the quarter panels" so I would think that would be the reason.

Seems like a good car!

Oh man, haha. Right in the first sentence. I must've had too many of these yesterday watching F1: beer.gif
Cuda911
Just curious, why is it priced so low? Seems to me like it should fetch much more.
etcmss
I only try to get my money back when through playing with a car. it's just a hobby.

the posted price will be go up now that it is re-painted. the four quarters were stripped to bare metal, primed with rust etching, 2 coats of high build and about 4 coats of black on the whole exterior.
all I need is to install the windshield and final polishing.
price is about 8700-8900.
the pictures are essentially the same.
Cairo94507
Terrific- Did they snap any in progress shots? Please post some hi-res shots of the car once it is polished, etc. GLWTS.
etcmss
car back on market after addressing the paint problems. original post updated.
downloading new pictures (quite a few) and should be available shortly.

$9000
deputydog95
QUOTE(etcmss @ Aug 13 2014, 12:25 PM) *

car back on market after addressing the paint problems. original post updated.
downloading new pictures (quite a few) and should be available shortly.

$9000

Was this originally a 2 liter car, or was it upgraded to a 2 liter engine?

Did you do all the paint and body yourself? The car looks very nice.

etcmss
was a 2.0 L car and got the replacement engine GA series. yes I did the paint. thanks.
etcmss
bump
9/2--potential buyer commitment, awaiting funds
9/4/14 SOLD
dudzy's914
Pm sent. Interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.