Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy intake for weber 38/38
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Desertbound1024
I might be totally dumb, but I can't seem to find an intake for a 38/38 weber carb. I bought a 1.7 with no fuel injection parts and want to put a carb on it. If someone can post a link that would be awesome.
Mike Bellis
Most people throw them away because they run like shit.

Buy a set of 40mm duals. It will be money well spent.

welcome.png
Desertbound1024
It's new and free so I want to run it for now, there isn't anywhere to get one? Eventually I will be building a motor with duals but for now I'm trying to go cheaper
Luke M
QUOTE(Desertbound1024 @ Jul 6 2014, 01:27 PM) *

I might be totally dumb, but I can't seem to find an intake for a 38/38 weber carb. I bought a 1.7 with no fuel injection parts and want to put a carb on it. If someone can post a link that would be awesome.

Post a picture of the lower half of the carb.
I may have what you need.
bdstone914

Never heard of a 38/38. Maybe a 32/38 progressive?
Do you have intake runners? I have a setup. Used it to break in an engine. Has new boots. I am in Riverside.
Bruce
Desertbound1024
The carb just says 38DGAS. I have no intake runners. I need everything but the carb itself.
I am trying to figure out how to post pics from my phone
Desertbound1024
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jul 6 2014, 03:11 PM) *

Post a picture of the lower half of the carb.
I may have what you need.

I can text you or email you a picture if you post your number
TheCabinetmaker
That number does not show up at webber. Looks like the replacement might be the dges. The dges does not fit the base for the progressive. Lots of eBay hits came up on Google. I'd try eBay, but I'm betting that carb was never made for a 914. You might have to fab something.
Desertbound1024
Just from comparing pictures, my carb looks to have the identical mounting points that a 32/36 progressive has
cggrimes
I've got a whole spare fuel injection system if you're interested.
Desertbound1024
QUOTE(cggrimes @ Jul 6 2014, 04:43 PM) *

I've got a whole spare fuel injection system if you're interested.

I want to build a somewhat mild engine so I'm not sure if fuel injection would be a good route for me to take. Also I'm not sure how hard it would be to go back to FI because all the wiring was removed for the stock FI in the car
Luke M
I found the parts and it's what you are looking for.
Pm me if you're interested as there's a few of us that maybe able to help you out.

Desertbound1024
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Carbure...s-PN-RK297.html
Looking for this minus the carb. Mounting points all looks to be the same for my carburetor
Mike Bellis
You can find a set of duals for around the same price on craigs list... It will run way better and can be reused on you mild build. The 2 barrel carb will never run good. You will be very disappointed.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 6 2014, 10:31 PM) *

You can find a set of duals for around the same price on craigs list... It will run way better and can be reused on you mild build. The 2 barrel carb will never run good. You will be very disappointed.

agree.gif

Shameless plug for a set of 40IDF carbs I have in the classifieds here

CLICK HERE
rick 918-S
save your money and either get a F.I. set up or get a set of 40's. You will ruin your engine trying to get it to run with that carb. It will either be flooding with no power or running rich with no power. Either way your air cooled engine will not live with either condition.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.