Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Motorola 5VW3401
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
saigon71
I have no idea how to price this thing...the only other one I saw was fully functional with the PORSCHE face plate for $395 on this site.

$80 OBO plus shipping of your choice.

This came out of my 1974. It comes with all dials, hardware and faceplate. It has some surface rust on the top of the radio case. It needs to be gone over by someone who knows how to fix old radios. It powers up. The volume control works, but the tuning dial does not. I was not able to pick up any FM stations by fiddling with the preset buttons, but I was able to receive some AM. The front face plate is in very good condition.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
koozy
I'll take it, please
saigon71
QUOTE(koozy @ Jul 6 2014, 08:02 PM) *

I'll take it, please

PM sent.
Tom_T
There was a guy around PA who repaired & restored them, who had ads for old restored radios for sale on evil-bay & TheSamba & other car sites.

I talked by email with him about the Motorola AM/FM/8-Track that was in my 73 2L since I bought it in 75, & he knew a lot about them & even when mine was mfgd. But I think he was retiring or cutting back & I've long since lost his contact info.

So maybe cast about a bit back there. Can't recall if he was in Western, Central or Eastern PA. confused24.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 7 2014, 11:58 AM) *

There was a guy around PA who repaired & restored them, who had ads for old restored radios for sale on evil-bay & TheSamba & other car sites.

I talked by email with him about the Motorola AM/FM/8-Track that was in my 73 2L since I bought it in 75, & he knew a lot about them & even when mine was mfgd. But I think he was retiring or cutting back & I've long since lost his contact info.

So maybe cast about a bit back there. Can't recall if he was in Western, Central or Eastern PA. confused24.gif

I have had several people suggest this person in San Diego for Blaupunkt repair. He doesn't list Motorola but it might be worth checking.

http://www.radiomanrepair.com/

Greg
mepstein
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 7 2014, 02:58 PM) *

This post is a whole lot of nothing

I'm thinking of a song...
saigon71
Sale pending.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif

Radio is back up for sale.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
saigon71
icon_bump.gif and a lower price.
914Sixer
Bob,
I will take it. Shipping to 78006.
Thanks,
Mark
Jackgerard
If mark dosnt take it I would love it!!!!!! I've really needed a stereo since mine was stolen. sad.gif

Jack
saigon71
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 20 2014, 10:32 PM) *

Bob,
I will take it. Shipping to 78006.
Thanks,
Mark

PM sent.
saigon71
Sold to 914sixer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.