Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some expert advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr.C
Ok here it is, I have this opportunity to buy this 72 911 with a 935 body kit. It has been sitting for about six years and the engine is out of it. As far as I can tell from some casting numbers it is a 1980 930 engine. He over revved it and hit 2nd instead of fifth. Heads are off and you can barely see in the carbon on the pistons where the exhaust valve touched. Looking at the valves you can't even tell. It has a 915 tranny rebuilt just before being parked too. Has some other goodies, but my fingers are starting to hurt. My question is what would be the value of something like this? Is 5 grand a good deal for the whole package? I already know the answer some what, but wanted some reassurance.
Thanks for any help
ChrisFoley
It's worthless! Use your money to get a 914 instead! biggrin.gif A 930 motor would fit just fine with a little work.
Curvie Roadlover
What he said.
Brad Roberts
Do you have pics of the car ??

Unless the body kit was done correctly and it has decent wheels on it.. you might want to stay away from it. Doing a top end rebuild on that engine could run you 2-3 grand.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.