Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong Price in Ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
Ok, stuff like this really pi$$e$ me off! I got my new copy of Pano last nite and there is an ad for an on-line partz house. They are one of the "good guys" and I have used em in the past.
SO! The ad says they have 19mm master cylinders for $124.00!!! That is such the deal I want two (two cars lousey brakes!)!
I go to the web site and they are $204! WTF! So I give them a call, retailer says "Oh, yeah that is an old ad, the part is not available for that price." and he hadds "I think it was fixed in Execllence but I guess not in Panorama..." Oh ok that sux

SO who do I dicrect my IPB Image at? Pano and thier ad team for not fact checking or the partz house?

I am withholding the name of the partz house for now... But man, I am SO bummed out, I even told my wife about it.

Rant on hold now....
Cap'n Krusty
Mistakes happen. Their cost is close to $150 now. The Cap'n
dinomium
I do agree that mistakes happen, but I got the distinct feeling that this ad has been running for a while...
At what point to you (as a biz owner) say to your customer, "yeah, that sux I will get it straight with the mag and for your trouble here is a spif" or at least Sorry?
Rusty
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 20 2005, 06:31 PM)
SO who do I dicrect my IPB Image at? Pano and thier ad team for not fact checking or the partz house?

I don't think it's Pano's job to fact-check ads. Stories, yes. Ads? How could they possibly?

Someone at the parts house had to sign off on the ad copy. IPB Image
Allan
IPB Image Almost all magazines including the little penny savers require that the seller review the ad before publication. Sounds a little fishy.
SLITS
For $204, get a couple of cores and rebuild them. The kits list at $40.00 as I remember. You got 4 tries before you hit the cost of a new one.

If the bore isn't pitted, the only thing to go wrong is the rubbers.

Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz
scotty b
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 20 2005, 03:45 PM)
I do agree that mistakes happen, but I got the distinct feeling that this ad has been running for a while...
At what point to you (as a biz owner) say to your customer, "yeah, that sux I will get it straight with the mag and for your trouble here is a spif" or at least Sorry?

Who do I see about the splif for my trouble?? IPB Image pitted cylinders can still be bored and sleeved IPB Image
Joe Bob
Most big companies will honor the ad price....I called a company on some mirrors and he quoted me 50 more a side....when I pointed out that his website had a lower price, he honored it....HE gets my future business first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.