Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
Hey guys, someone gave me this part for my 914. He couldn't remember what it was, but said most 914's are missing them. He thought it was for the engine cover latch, or something similar.

So, what is it? Where does it go? How do I attach it?

Thanks in advance!
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 7 2014, 05:57 PM) *

Hey guys, someone gave me this part for my 914. He couldn't remember what it was, but said most 914's are missing them. He thought it was for the engine cover latch, or something similar.

So, what is it? Where does it go? How do I attach it?

Thanks in advance!

yup he was right, i have a 70 and it was there when i bought the car. engine lid drive side mounted with screw that holds drip tray, need pic lmk
r_towle
its for a 944, send it to Scott....
larryM
it's a"bumper" to prevent your trunk lid from bashing your engine lid when it is up before you open the trunk

you can see it as oem installed here 914-6 engine lid FS
Cuda911
Thanks guys! Looks like a good idea... bashing the trunk and engine lid seems like an easy thing to do by accident.

I wonder why the piece has a hole drilled through the leading edge side. I guess to make it more flexible on that edge, but doesn't look like it could really flex enough to make a difference.
GaroldShaffer
There is a metal bracket that goes on the back side (inside) of that. Do you have that?
Mikey914
that's actually an OEM early style. actually correct for a 6.
I made mine off the later style as I didn't have an early one.
I have diagram pictures in the listing for those who are not quite syre where this goes

http://shop.914rubber.com/Rubber-bumper-to...-lid-bumper.htm

Put that one away, its gold.
Cuda911
I'll have to take a look at the car and see if that metal bracket is there. From the 914Rubber illustration, it looks like I can fabricate something pretty easily if it's missing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.