Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 L engine pricing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tgbo
I'm new to 914 world (mostly Fiats and Datsuns previously) and have a 75 1.8 with tired old motor....opportunity to acquire a 2.0 engine that has been partially torn down (by a real mechanic) and stored for 4-5 years. As always, "it was running when I got it"--anyway, how about some ballpark figures on value for the 2.0 L (all induction, etc, comes with it). For good measure, weigh in with some opinions on building the 1.8 to ??? or using the 2.0 L instead to build to ???. Thanks in advance for suggestions, admonitions, etc--played with Bugs years ago, this will be a learning experience!

John IPB Image
Bleyseng
Complete with all the parts...3 bolt heads , FI stuff all in boxes $500-700
Jake Raby
The 2.0 heads have the absolute most potential of any OEM head. They consistenetly make more power than any other stock, worked over head we come into contact with testing.

The rest of the base is pretty much standard, since a;ll TIV cases arevirtually the same and any combination of parts can be used interchangibly from case to case..

Guys like you are definately going to benefit from the things happening here on Feb1!!!

It'll make having a bad ass engine cheaper and easier to build with way less guesswork and headaches!
SLITS
Crank & Rods ..... $100+

Heads each .......$200+ depending upon condition

2.0 Tinware.....$100

2.0 Injection system.....$200

Having a 2.0 instead of a 1.7/1.8..........Priceless
tgbo
Hmmm, so far the price is around 5 bills, and , as I have seen everywhere I've looked, the heads are essentially worth the price of admission, plus I get the ancillary equipment with it. Jake, I'll have to go back to your site and see what Feb 1 is bringing--might as well build the a good one (this is a one owner , unfortunately not a gearhead, car) if I am going to do it all. Now, what do I do with the old 1.8??? It fired up and ran, but after sitting five years, it needed massaging to be really ready to go and I just pulled it to facilitate the rest of the repair work! (a little too big for a paper weight--boat anchor?) Thanks for the help thus far, its much appreciated!

John IPB Image
anthony
If the heads don't have cracks (exhaust ports and by the spark plug) then it's definitely worth $500.
Rhodes71/914
I picked up a full assembled "it was running when it came out of the car" 2.0 for $500, I think that is a fair price.

Save your 1.8 and when you are done with the 2.0 clean up the 1.8 and have it for a spare for when you want to pull the 2.0 and turn it into a Raby engine.

That's my plan for the 1.7 that got pulled to make way for my 2.0.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.