Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chazt74914
I just finished rebuilding my pedal cluster and am now ready to replace both the throttle & clutch cables on my 74, 2.0
old throttle cable came out OK but the clutch cable outer sleeve is stuck tight to the guide tube at the fire wall end. I don't want to wrench on it too hard for fear of breaking the weld on the guide tube.
anyone been through this? suggestions?
toolguy
shove it back in , cut the cable and pull it out from the front. . then figure out why it wouldn't fit. . If it was just at the firewall, you may be able to ream it a little to open it up to get the new cable in if needed. . My guess is it has some crud or rust restriction the diameter
dangrouche
QUOTE(chazt74914 @ Jul 8 2014, 10:46 AM) *

I just finished rebuilding my pedal cluster and am now ready to replace both the throttle & clutch cables on my 74, 2.0
old throttle cable came out OK but the clutch cable outer sleeve is stuck tight to the guide tube at the fire wall end. I don't want to wrench on it too hard for fear of breaking the weld on the guide tube.
anyone been through this? suggestions?

PB blaster and clamp a vise grip on it and flex the old fitting in north, south, east and west while pulling rearwards. after flexing it in the four directions, readjust the vise grip to pull it off in a rearward direction towards the rear bumper. i would guess it is seized/rusted on, but its only snugged up against the firewall over the years of clutch use
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.