Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new car new purchases
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theleschyouknow
well I got my car Saturday (missed the neighborhood July 4th parade by a day - rats)
but since then I've already made 2 purchases:

feeler guages & valve cover gaskets from pelican (shoulda waited already found some other stuff I need - like the d side rubber targa hold down on the latch side of the rear trunk, d side side marker light cover etc - probably coulda got to the free shipping threshold by Thursday at the latest)

and

maybe more important from craigslist

Click to view attachment

looks like theyre missing some or all of the pins but not bad for $10 smile.gif
speed metal army
Yikes! Run away!
Those look terrifying.. More terrifying than regular jackstands!
blink.gif
ripper911
I would snatch those up!
Porschef
Harmless looking...

914 body snatchers
Big Len
A pencil works great for a pin.
GaroldShaffer
nothing wrong with those stands. I have some that look just like them and they work great. If the pins are missing just use a harden bolt.
KELTY360
Buy them. They will make great repellant to keep your beautiful car away from them.

I can hear it now, "....you want me on top of what?!" mad.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jul 9 2014, 10:31 AM) *

nothing wrong with those stands. I have some that look just like them and they work great. If the pins are missing just use a harden bolt.

agree.gif

$10. Buy them, or look at them at least. As long as they aren'tl rusty or broken they should be fine.
Cuda911
I'm assuming you must mean $10 each. No way someone would part with that set for $10.

If so, you just scored two big ones in a row.. the teener and those sweet stands!
theleschyouknow
yep 10 buck to bring them all home
looks like I need another car smile.gif
theleschyouknow
sweet got my .006 & .008 feelers and valve cover gaskets from pelican parts today
I just ordered them Monday afternoon
fast shipping pelican! thanks & daughter says thanks for the jelly beans, too
Andyrew
Just keep them at the lowest level. Plenty good jack stands smile.gif
PanelBilly
Didn't your 914 come with jack stands?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.