Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's & Cat Piss
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Allan
I have had to park my car in the back of my office building for the past month for an expansion project on the building. Had it all nice and covered with a tarp in a well lit area. Finally got the debris and materials cleared out enough in one of our maintenance bays and okay, time to move that puppy back into the building. Pull of the tarp, open the door and WOOOF! IPB Image The smell was nothing short of evil. The cats found a way through a cut-out under the passenger seat I was working on and decided to make it their home. Hair, mud and stink. Gonna go buy me some lysol and Fabreeze tonight.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 20 2005, 04:02 PM)
make it their home

more like a giant litterbox!

dude, your cats have taste, they don't just shit in any car, they shit in a porsche!
IPB Image Andy
scruz914
Cat piss and anything are a bad mix. As a matter of fact cats and anything are a bad mix! Once they find a place they like to shit and piss they keep doing it there.
dinomium
That is why I am NOT a cat person!
SLITS
Allan, does this mean you're going to change your avatar/signature?
grantsfo
Hey think on the bright side you wont worry about having mice infesting your car like mine! My car stinks like mice and I have to worry about them chewing through wires.
Dr Evil
I had my motorcycle stored under a bike cover. The cats figured it was a hammock and decided to piss all down the intruments, stearing column, and subsequently the radiator. It congealed. When I started my bike it cooked it and funked out eveyone arround me. Although, I didn't get hit by a car during that time. I wonder....
GWN7
Put mothballs in it to keep the cats and mice out when you park it for a long time. If it's not going to be used for awhile you can get a bag of Kingsford BBQ charcoal and open the bag and spread it on a piece of plastic. The charcoal will absorb the smell that is imbeded in the interior.
Allan
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2005, 04:39 PM)
Allan, does this mean you're going to change your avatar/signature?

Yep.
Demick
I had a cat pee in my car many years ago. It took at least 2 years before the smell went entirely away. Ugh!

Demick
MartyYeoman
I had a neighbor's cat piss inside my motorcycle helmet once.
Was a total loss. Had to throw it out with the trash.
It still pisses me off thinking about it.
scotty914
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jan 20 2005, 07:07 PM)
If it's not going to be used for awhile you can get a bag of Kingsford BBQ charcoal and open the bag and spread it on a piece of plastic. The charcoal will absorb the smell that is imbeded in the interior.

a new definition of car-baquee
mharrison
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Jan 20 2005, 08:20 PM)
Was a total loss. Had to throw it out with the trash.
It still pisses me off thinking about it.

I hope you mean that you threw the cat out with the trash !!!! IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 20 2005, 04:34 PM)
That is why I am NOT a cat person!

yeah, just leave your dog *unattended* in your backyard for a few month and we'll see ...

have you ever seen anyone who needed to walk their cat 3 times a day?

there's a trade-off for everything ...
IPB Image Andy
nebreitling
literally: i have to physically restrain myself from kicking cats when i see them.
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jan 20 2005, 09:56 PM)
literally:  i have to physically restrain myself from kicking cats when i see them.

i have one sleeping in my bed every night.
i love cats. all they need is a big bowl of food, some water and a crap-box and you can leave them alone in the house for a week.
unless they run out of food, they won't even miss you.

makes it the perfect pet for me. i don't have *any* desire to take care of a dog that is more round-the-clock work than a 2 year old baby.
around here, you can't let 'em run so you have to walk them around the block every few hours. can't leave 'em at home for longer than 30 minutes. they constantly want attention. bottomline, unless you live out in the woods, they're just a big pain in the neck.
live is too short to waste half of my day on the needs of a helpless, completely un-independent pet ...

i'm sure, i just started a flame-war ...
IPB Image Andy
dinomium
We my dog never drove our Jagaur off cliff either! Kittens are just scary!
scotty914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 20 2005, 10:05 PM)
all they need is a big bowl of food, some water and a crap-box and you can leave them alone in the house for a week.
unless they run out of food, they won't even miss you.

... completely un-independent pet ...

i'm sure, i just started a flame-war ...
IPB Image Andy

yah cats are completely independant, never need people... you should see the family cats

and yes i was on the 914 club
nebreitling

omg, dood, sorry -- but that is so disgusting to me... IPB Image a cat rubbing up against you secreting nastiness out of its glands... marking you.. IPB Image

sorry, i've always been like this.
SirAndy
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jan 20 2005, 10:12 PM)
you should see the family cats

now that's a BIG cat (unless you're about 4' tall) ...

IPB Image Andy
scotty914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 20 2005, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jan 20 2005, 10:12 PM)
you should see the family cats

now that's a BIG cat (unless you're about 4' tall) ...

IPB Image Andy

well i am 5' 8", and he is a big cat about 15 lbs, he just looks bigger due to the camera angle, i mean look how big my legs look
SirAndy
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jan 20 2005, 10:14 PM)
a cat rubbing up against you secreting nastiness out of its glands... marking you..

sorry dude, i grew up in the woods. literally. with cats & dogs and deers and wild boars.
a cat rubbing against you is nothing compared to what else is out there. trust me ...

the first time i spent a night in the woods alone was when i was 6 ...

if you *really* want to see something disgusting, look at some normal house-dust under the microscope!
IPB Image Andy
scotty914
and i repeat he is not that big
SpecialK
live is too short to waste half of my day on the needs of a helpless, completely un-independent pet ...

Why I outta....!
SpecialK
My dog can kick your cat's ass Andy. IPB Image IPB Image

Just kiddin' Andy, cats are okay................if you cook 'em right IPB Image

BEER ROASTED CAT
1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness

Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper. IPB Image

(real recipe I found on a Google search....scary IPB Image IPB Image )
DJsRepS
I had a cat that shit on my bed so I turned it into an outside cat instantly. 2 weeks later it gave birth on my neighbors laundry that was in a basket in the utility room they always left open. Man he was pissed he knew it was my cat.
mike_the_man
I like both cats and dogs, but I've never owned a dog. I agree with Andy, dogs are a lot of work. I'm not nearly responsible enough to own something that requires that much attention (other than the 914, of course). My girlfriend made me get a cat, and he's been a pretty good cat. He mostly sleeps all day. Pretty low maintanence. I like that.

And just to gross Nathan out a bit more, he sleeps with us on the bed every night! IPB Image
rhodyguy
forget the frebreeze. find a product like, Simple Solution-Stain and Oder Remover, you can find it at petco, petsmart. pull the carpets and spray the floor areas too.

k
dinomium
Nature's Miracle works really well, also.
My dog sleeps with us. She is really our daughter that has a speech impediment!
rhodyguy
that works well also dino. they are both enzyme based products. takes awhile but they do the trick.

k
SpecialK
Could also try "Ozium". They sell it at Walmart, but it's used in Morgs. Follow the directions carefully....powerful stuff!!
scruz914
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Jan 20 2005, 09:20 PM)

I am having a real hard time visualizing how you found this out. IPB Image
SLITS
Hey Allan, how goes the catdetoxification project?

tomato juice is the answer IPB Image
Allan
So far I took the top off and am letting it air out. Gonna roll up the windows and fill it with charcoal after lunch. Hey anybody wanna play "How many charcoal briquettes can a 914 can hold"? IPB Image
SpecialK
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 21 2005, 11:47 AM)
So far I took the top off and am letting it air out. Gonna roll up the windows and fill it with charcoal after lunch. Hey anybody wanna play "How many charcoal briquettes can a 914 can hold"? IPB Image

Uh Oh! You just gave me an idea for what to do with my POS '75 IPB Image IPB Image

SLITS - Tomato juice? I don't recall Headrage mentioning that it was a black cat with a white stripe, but you might be onto something there!
spunone
The cats think it's there home .What a site it'll be when your driving down the street with and you have 10 cats chasing after you IPB Image
jd74914

omg, dood, sorry -- but that is so disgusting to me... icon8.gif a cat rubbing up against you secreting nastiness out of its glands... marking you.. barf.gif

sorry, i've always been like this.

IPB Image I love dogs, and our dog Duke isn't that much work (though I live in the woods IPB Image)
SLITS
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jan 21 2005, 12:56 PM)
So far I took the top off and am letting it air out.  Gonna roll up the windows and fill it with charcoal after lunch.  Hey anybody wanna play "How many charcoal briquettes can a 914 can hold"? IPB Image

Uh Oh! You just gave me an idea for what to do with my POS '75 IPB Image IPB Image

SLITS - Tomato juice? I don't recall Headrage mentioning that it was a black cat with a white stripe, but you might be onto something there!

Turn 'em upside down...All puzzys look the same to me IPB Image and your dog isKEWL He/She should be security at the WCC05 rather than that perverted pink bunny.
PatW
You guys are going to cat purgatory. As for me I'm doing just fine.

Here is my little buddy that walked in my front door last year and never left. Since that time he has a growing hit list of Rats, Mice and Birds around my complex. Funny even though we are not supposed to have cats/dogs. No one seems to be complaining. IPB Image

Pat
SLITS
Ya see...there's this story...

An EXSO took a dislike to a feline that inhabited the house and gave it a ride of about 20' by foot early in the afternoon. It seemed when this person was ready for bed, her side was a bit damp and the screaming started. Of course, the cat was nowhere to be found for another free boost.

Changed the bedding, put it in the washer, went to bed, dreaming happily away.

In the AM, as the sun rose bright in the sky, the EXSO got dressed and was putting a shoe on when there was another loud scream.....The cat had rendered a sticky suprise in the shoe. The EXSO NEVER kicked the cat again.
azbill
All those cats look like good Airdale bait. I have two Airedales there are no cats for fours houses around us. IPB Image

Azbill
SpecialK
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 21 2005, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jan 21 2005, 12:56 PM)
So far I took the top off and am letting it air out.  Gonna roll up the windows and fill it with charcoal after lunch.  Hey anybody wanna play "How many charcoal briquettes can a 914 can hold"? IPB Image

Turn 'em upside down...All puzzys look the same to me IPB Image and your dog isKEWL He/She should be security at the WCC05 rather than that perverted pink bunny.

Thanks SLITS! He's just a big pussy cat (you are what you eat IPB Image )

Mo (our 90lb. Akita mix....uh..mutt) has a bit of an identity crisis. When he was a pup we couldn't let him out in the backyard with the other two dogs because they'd kick his ass, so he stayed in the house with our two cats.....which were both bigger than him too at the time. Being raised around the cats he developed some undoglike habits like cleaning his feet for hours (doesn't like to get his feet wet, and will hold his pee all day if the ground is wet/muddy), and licking his paw then wiping his face IPB Image ......very strange to watch.

Yep, you counted correctly...3 dogs, 2 cats, two cockatiels, and some fish. We're down to Mo, a bird, and an 8 year old goldfish now....and that's plenty!
mattillac
QUOTE (azbill @ Jan 21 2005, 07:48 PM)
All those cats look like good Airdale bait. I have two Airedales there are no cats for fours houses around us. IPB Image

Azbill

what the hell is an airdale?
ChrisReale
cat shit smells worse. IPB Image
mattillac
IPB Image IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (mattillac @ Jan 21 2005, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (azbill @ Jan 21 2005, 07:48 PM)
All those cats look like good Airdale bait. I have two Airedales there are no cats for fours houses around us.  :D

Azbill

what the hell is an airdale?

Used to be a Hairdale until they shaved it.
grantsfo
I can rent my 914 guard dog. No cat problems for me.

IPB Image
SpecialK
Border Collie?
SpecialK
This is what happens to a dog when he's been raised around cats, and he does it for hours...every day IPB Image ......it's just wrong.........but his feet are sparkling clean. IPB Image

Yeah, it's an OFF TOPIC "dog" pic, but my new camera showed up today!

Still jackin' with the "how to operate the camera" when he was into his "lick the paw and wipe the face" thing.
mike_the_man
SLITS, we had a cat that would do the same thing. If her litter box got too dirty, she would piss in my moms shoe. One time, I was watching the house when they were gone for a week, and I let her litter box get a little full. Somehow she knew to piss in my shoe, which was right next to my mom's shoe. Needless to say, she got her litter box changed.

Say what you want about cat, but they can be pretty damn smart sometimes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.