Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heat exchanger diameter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
I have a set of heat exchangers from a 1972 1.7 going to waste and am tired of the kludgy 1976 2.0 set I have with my 1976 2.0

I understand that if I score ssi heat exchangers it is probably a moot point and I saw the lovely photos on the Bowlsby site, but I cannot seem to find an answer about stock ID. I can take the ones I have off and directly compare, but if I could know in advance I could collect the J tubes etc.

So - anyone know the pipe IDs for 1.7 vs stock 2.0?

Thanks - this would help a lot. My budget just was massively reduced when a tree fell on my wife's car (parked). Here in the midwest the air will kill you. And I worried about quakes in California. lol-2.gif
worn
QUOTE(worn @ Jul 10 2014, 06:45 AM) *

I have a set of heat exchangers from a 1972 1.7 going to waste and am tired of the kludgy 1976 2.0 set I have with my 1976 2.0

I understand that if I score ssi heat exchangers it is probably a moot point and I saw the lovely photos on the Bowlsby site, but I cannot seem to find an answer about stock ID. I can take the ones I have off and directly compare, but if I could know in advance I could collect the J tubes etc.

So - anyone know the pipe IDs for 1.7 vs stock 2.0?

Thanks - this would help a lot. My budget just was massively reduced when a tree fell on my wife's car (parked). Here in the midwest the air will kill you. And I worried about quakes in California. lol-2.gif

Anyone know? I did use the search engine. unsure.gif
914_teener
I believe you can use the 1.7's you just need the hanger for the 1.7.

Don't know either what muff you are using so that might matter as well.
Kirmizi
This was the quickest reference I could find: biggrin.gif
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...st-systems.html
bdstone914
Measuring the O.D, I get 35mm for the 1.7 and 40mm for the 2.0. Cold not get an accurate ID due to the weld at the flange.

Bruce
worn
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 10 2014, 01:29 PM) *

Measuring the O.D, I get 35mm for the 1.7 and 40mm for the 2.0. Cold not get an accurate ID due to the weld at the flange.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.