Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
Does this steel piece go on the back side of board or front. Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
back
cpavlenko
thanks, that's what I thought.
GeorgeRud
Back side with the rubber bushing facing the pedal arm.
cpavlenko
What rubber bushing?
Eric_Shea
The one you're missing. wink.gif

It slides in the tray. Take a picture of the other side.
cpavlenko
So what does this rubber bushing look like, cause I don't have one?
StratPlayer
hope those drain hose's worked out for you
cpavlenko
Yes they did, good fit, thank u so much.
GeorgeRud
It's just a solid piece of rubber that slides into that bracket to provide a soft stop for the pedal arm. I would imagine that one of the parts places should have one available. If no luck, try Brad Mayeur at 914Ltd in E. Peoria, Il as he has a stash of parts cars.
RenoRoger
You should be able to make that rubber bushing yourself. Slide and glue a piece of fuel hose to it.

My pedal board made out of particle board by Porsche, what a crummy idea, was falling apart. After I saw a car with a metal board at the recent WCR, I took mine as a pattern to a sheet metal shop and I am having one made as we speak.

RenoRoger
TheCabinetmaker
I've never seen a pedal board made from particle board. All that I've encountered were 16mm plywood. Maybe an early model?
RenoRoger
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jul 11 2014, 05:10 PM) *

I've never seen a pedal board made from particle board. All that I've encountered were 16mm plywood. Maybe an early model?

Mine is a '73, very, very original with a black painted pedal board, made out of compressed sawdust=particle board. if it had been plywood, it would probably be still
O.K.
TheCabinetmaker
Ok. I learned something new.
GeorgeRud
My 73 also had a particle board panel that fell apart as well. Must have been trying to save money back in those days at the factory.
cpavlenko
My pedal board is still original. I'll try 914LTD and c if they have the rubber bushing, if they don't, I'll try the fuel line trick...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.