Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Inside Liner ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Is there any sound or heat reduction advantage to lining the bottom of the top?

I've seen what looked original a perlon carpet glue on. Probably for styling though.

What about a spray on roofing insulation material? What have you used?

All thoughts welcome.
GeorgeRud
It's easy enough to glue some person to the top and see if it makes a difference. I have one top and one without the liner, and I can't tell any difference between the two.
mepstein
Found some heat and sound padding at pep boys. Looks very similar to stock. Very thick. 24sq/ft for $40
ripper911
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 10 2014, 10:12 PM) *

It's easy enough to glue some person to the top and see if it makes a difference.

blink.gif
larryg
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 10 2014, 10:04 AM) *

Is there any sound or heat reduction advantage to lining the bottom of the top?

I've seen what looked original a perlon carpet glue on. Probably for styling though.

What about a spray on roofing insulation material? What have you used?

All thoughts welcome.

I went a little crazy with the dynamat. Put it in the doors, on the firewall, and finally on the targa top under the new liner. Combination of dynamat and new rubber on the top make a noticeable difference in the noise. Only regret about the top is that it's considerably heavier now.
ehokana
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 10 2014, 07:12 PM) *

It's easy enough to glue some person to the top and see if it makes a difference.

lol-2.gif
For some reason I figured that would be somewhat difficult- but hey, I'm no expert on these cars
ripper911
Any person will do, but smaller ones are easier to manage.
bandjoey
I'll try the Pep boys route first. If that doesn't work I'll see if my neighbor will volunteer for some glue tests. biggrin.gif
Larmo63
I'm leaving it off. The top is heavy enough as it is. Plus, I live in Paradise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.