Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake connector question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrrhdmust
So there is a sensor on the pedal assembly, and my assumption this is the brake light activation sensor.

So my question is how are the wires routed? I can't remember what it looked like when I pulled it apart. Thanks for the assistance.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jrrhdmust @ Jul 10 2014, 01:19 PM) *

So there is a sensor on the pedal assembly, and my assumption this is the brake light activation sensor.

So my question is how are the wires routed? I can't remember what it looked like when I pulled it apart. Thanks for the assistance.

On the pedal box inside the car you will see a switch mounted in front of the brake pedal. It is the brake light switch. It has no connection with the hydraulics, it is activated by releasing pressure on the brake light switch.

Click to view attachment

#23 is the brake light switch. It contacts the big round washer #48.

There are two wires connecting to it. They are not specific to a terminal, they can be hooked up either way.

Hope that helps.
jrrhdmust
That helps a lot, but where do the actual wires come from? Are they under the dash? Mine look like they come from the Master Cylindar side.
Cap'n Krusty
IIRC, the wires come out of the harness which runs across the firewall above the pedal cluster, on its way to the center tunnel from the fusebox.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.