Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I sold my 914 for what?!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
I recently sold my lovely yellow 76, but it was sold for a reason. That reason to have the space and funds for this:

A 1 owner 1980 924 with 10,880 original miles. It's far and away the nicest 924 I've ever laid eyes on (besides the 200 mile 924GT that used to live in Denver $$$)

It's completely original down to the tires, every service and fill up logged into a note book. In her words it was only wet twice in rain on a road trip.

My plan is PCA Parade Concours Preservation class, Lots of cleaning and a few tiny details before then...

Ferg
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Click to view attachment
Ferg
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
You would have to "attend" a PCA Parade. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Beauty Mike!
G e o r g e
I like it.

She'll be a first.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 10 2014, 01:15 PM) *

You would have to "attend" a PCA Parade. biggrin.gif

Hey I went to Keystone...

Not sure I can make French Lick though it sounds interesting.

Now I gotta find me some 8 tracks slits.gif
mepstein
sad.gif
poorsche914
Great color aktion035.gif

driving.gif
wndsnd
Real nice find .....
rick 918-S
Man... unsure.gif that would be a hard decision but harder to pass up. That 924 is probably the only one left worth owning.
Ferg
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 10 2014, 02:24 PM) *

Man... unsure.gif that would be a hard decision but harder to pass up. That 924 is probably the only one left worth owning.

Yes...

I first saw it about 10 months back, it appeared out of the blue at my buddy's shop.

The lady owner's regular mechanic retired and she let it sit for about 5 years so she found my buddy in the yellow pages. I happened by when it was towed in and made it known that I was very interested. It just needed fresh gas, battery and fluids.

At first she was going to keep it and start driving it again, but after 10 months she only put another 20 miles on it...
rnellums
drooley.gif
balljoint
Anyone that really loves that car, just send Freg a PM now. It will be for sale again inside of 12 months.
SirAndy
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 10 2014, 03:48 PM) *

Anyone that really loves that car, just send Freg a PM now. It will be for sale again inside of 12 months.

agree.gif biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Nice find Ferg: take it to French Lick. You'll be in good company
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jul 10 2014, 03:48 PM) *

He's got to keep this one. The car color matches the blue tiles on his garage floor. laugh.gif
Cuda911
Beautiful car and a nice find!
orthobiz
Hey Ferg, you went to Colorado PCA also, right?
The main reason my Phoenix Red original paint car survived was the fact that it wasn't a metallic color, in my opinion. Yours looks metallic but man is it pretty!

Good luck with the preservation class, I'm glad your car is WATER cooled!

Paul
dave29
Beautiful car Mike!! Congratulations.
Jim
boxstr
Isn't the 924 the same color as the PT cruiser you had?
How did that one do at the cruise in parade?
Craig at CAMP
Ferg
Thanks guys.

Yes it's metallic, and original, that alone tells the story of the degree of care this car has had. The woman owner is a auto parts rep. She knew cars, and how to care for them. She has a company car, but also had a 1991 Maxima that had 70k and blew me away, it was almost showroom.

Ferg
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 11 2014, 06:52 AM) *

Isn't the 924 the same color as the PT cruiser you had?
How did that one do at the cruise in parade?
Craig at CAMP

U can't prove I owned one of those... w00t.gif
BuddyV
Not exactly sure why I like the 924..... but I do.

(nice car!)
green914
Nice score aktion035.gif smile.gif
DRPHIL914
What does the "CW" stand for, - Crazy Wako poke.gif ?
seriously, though i would do the same thing - then sell it for $$$ and buy a 914/6 !!
happy11.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 11 2014, 11:55 AM) *

What does the "CW" stand for, - Crazy Wako poke.gif ?
seriously, though i would do the same thing - then sell it for $$$ and buy a 914/6 !!
happy11.gif

Concours Weenie
EdwardBlume
How's it drive?
Ferg
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 11 2014, 08:34 AM) *

How's it drive?

Drives like it did in 1980, 110hp feels like a 914 off the line. Have not pushed it in the corners or had it on the highway yet due to the tires. I have a second set of wheels coming so I can store the originals for show. Shocks/struts still feel great. Cabin is quieter than i thought. AC needs a charge, if blew semi cool on day one, now not so much.

I could see it work well as a econ daily for sure, but this one is destined to stay low miles, maybe a tank of gas a year...
sean_v8_914
sta-bil fuel stabilizer.
balljoint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 11 2014, 10:54 AM) *
The woman owner is a auto parts rep. She knew cars, and how to care for them. She has a company car, but also had a 1991 Maxima that had 70k and blew me away, it was almost showroom.

Do NOT tell Mrs. Freg about this lady. laugh.gif

T-r-o-u-b-l-e
Mountain914
As a fellow CW (and relative to two concours judges, but in the 911 class) - Good Find!! smilie_pokal.gif
Cupomeat
Congrats on this one. 924s are (or have become) very rare to see a driver, and most of the driving cars are show cars that see VERY few miles. They seem to have suffered attrition due to neglect more than 914s.

Plus parts can be CRAZY expensive (or impossible to find) if they are not shared VW/Audi parts.

Beautiful car, enjoy!
orthobiz
Safety first, you won't be judged on the tires if they are correct size.

I always viewed the 924 as the 914 killer, but will make an exception for your car. It's beautiful.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.