Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
i saw this add for a eBay sale and wondered if this was legal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3&category=6763
SLITS
Only in Texas
scotty b
IPB Image Well I have this "friend" who has done it once or twice,once with a dune buggy, once with a chevy suburban that he did have both titles for . As too the legality?? IPB Image
drgchapman
Yeah I saw that too.....didn't know how to post link....I'll figure it out sometime.......
That can't be legal, can it?
redshift
Hell, that's got to be the cleanest 914 I have ever seen.

It's more than I got WITH MINE. IPB Image

M
scotty b
That is how kit cars can be done, As for the seller, he may not be doing anything illegal, it would be the buyer who would be.
morph
ive thought about it. because i have a gt flared roller here with out a title. IPB Image and i have a brief case full of titles for teeners and some are still here with the vins on them
scotty b
IPB Image a set of speaker pods for my silence IPB Image
boxstr
As a licensed Vehicle dealer in Oregon, I would not want to be the buyer on that transaction, Not legal as per the ODMV.
James you can title your roller, but you will need to take it to a DMV and they will issue you a new title. They need to be able to physically see and read the VIN numbers.
CCLINIOADA
Joe Bob
Worth 50 bucks...just like a BJ in Las Vegas.... IPB Image
scotty b
I just looked at it again and realized the numbers on the fender are not there!! IPB Image
skline
Its not legal in any of the 50 states. Federal law prohibits sale if title only with the vin tags. It wont last a day on Ebay. It is also against their rules. Just watch the auction, I guarantee it will be pulled within 24 hours.
spare time toys
I guess we can put 4722921288 in the data base as DOA IPB Image OR it could be MIA
scotty b
IPB Image OR it could be James' IPB Image
MattR
Finially, a rust free 914 IPB Image
Jake Raby
Thats only because the plate is made of aluminum!!
skline
Did you notice that the original lein on the car is from a Government Employee Credit Union? Too funny.
morph
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 20 2005, 06:14 PM)
Did you notice that the original lein on the car is from a Government Employee Credit Union? Too funny.

i was looking at that IPB Image
DJsRepS
Ha-Scottys friend must be starting a ChopShop business.
Root_Werks
If someone does something like this, this isn't the sort of thing you want to tell people about. Yeah, he is also missing the fender VIN, not good. I would think no one would bid on this. IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 20 2005, 07:09 PM)
Thats only because the plate is made of aluminum!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNNRaby does have a sense of humor IPB Image
bryanthompson
I wonder how much of the car actually has to be with the vin tag for something like that to be legal... Maybe he could just cut a 1'x1' square of metal off the car and be clear? IPB Image
scotty b
IF that would work, the fender numbers would have coverd that angle. IPB Image IF he had enough sense to actually cut them out!! IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
The seldom seen end result of rust. I wonder if you also get a pile of iron oxide in the deal ................................. The Cap'n
markb
Maybe if you add a large box of rust to the deal, it could be legal? IPB Image
jd74914
I think you need at least three pieces of the original car (here in CT) and part of the frame to be legal. At least, thats what a guy I know with a t-bucket hot rod has told me. IPB Image

The tags by themselves are illegal. It would suck to be that seller
skline
Well, its been 24 hours and Ebay hasnt removed it, I wonder if the rules changed. I have seen them on the bay before but alway got taken off within 24 hours. I know someone who bought some from one of the auctions that was deleted. He had contacted the seller before they deleted the auction.
boxstr
Scott I am putting you in charge of this detail. I want that off of ebay in the next 12 hours or we move in for the kill. I think you know what to do. If you should be caught all knowledge of this assignment and you will be disavowed and you will be on your own. This post will disappear in 30 minutes.
CCLINYOUDONTNEEDTOKNOW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.