Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aase Motors in Fullerton, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
I was in the OC the neighborhood this week and dropped by my favorite Porsche oasis: Aase Motors.
I've known the owner Jeff since we were both in our 20's, both of us still building Porsche hot rods today biggrin.gif
Allan is the resident engine + trans building czar, and Steve is the #2 shop tech.
Here is a pic from their horsepower dept. pray.gif
Marty

Click to view attachment
Krieger
Very cool!
ndfrigi
Wow how many 6 engine in there???? Are those for sale or all from customers?
mgp4591
drooley.gif wub.gif
GeorgeRud
Is this group and Aase Sales ( the parts folks) the same? The photo of all those engines is quite impressive - thanks for sharing!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 11 2014, 12:23 AM) *

Wow how many 6 engine in there???? Are those for sale or all from customers?

Most of the engines are for club racers...which will usually have an engine in their car + a fresh spare on hand here in the engine room. Same for transaxles. Club racing is taken very seriously here ! Anywhere from a dozen to 20 of each on hand...depending on the race season. Alan has been known to personally deliver a trans or engine part to customers in his private plane , what service aktion035.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 11 2014, 05:14 AM) *

Is this group and Aase Sales ( the parts folks) the same? The photo of all those engines is quite impressive - thanks for sharing!

Aase Sales was founded by Dave Aase, brother of Dennis and Randy. Dennis left the old Aase Brothers boneyard business and each went their own way. Randy opened Aase Motors and later sold it to Jeff Erickson. Randy then joined with his brother Dennis at Aasco Motorsports. Dave closed the junkyard and sold the property sometime in the late 90s and moved to Atlanta around 2004/2005, where he continued in business as Aase Sales, selling obscure NOS parts, as well as a number of carefully chosen high quality specialty items (really good alternators made in Australia, Monty mufflers, and the like). He passed away in September of 2011, but his business is still going strong under the capable hands of Ron Thomas, who moved it to Columbus, OH.

Please excuse any inaccuracies, the memory isn't as good as it once was!

The Cap'n
Mark Henry
I wonder how much money we are looking at in just that one pic? smile.gif

I count 11 engines...
Elliot Cannon
Oops! Someone put the muffler on the wrong end of that engine. av-943.gif
Jeffs9146
Wrong thread sorry!
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 11 2014, 05:14 AM) *

George,
The Aase family is a great group of guys.
Jeff Erickson took over from his former boss Randall , to carry on Aase Motors.
Randall now concentrates on his cnc machined product skills and dyno work at Aasco Motorsports. I use Aasco valve springs in all my sixes. Current task: Randall is mating our mid engine v8 Cayenne-to-gt2 transaxle. Don was a former Anaheim Angel baseball star. Dennis ( GTU, IMSA, Gurney aar team ) still drives around in a historic Porsche on occassion. Dave was the Aase Sales exec.
I've met most of them and they are a bunch of cool guys !
mskala
All those engines are going into a single tractor for tractor pulling smile.gif
rgalla9146
A whole bunch of red fiberglass there ! I count seven out of eleven visible.
Check out the high butterfly MFI to the right.
Very cool pic.
wndsnd
Pink and yellow! That has to be California........

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.