Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Time Listener, First Time Caller Kinda Thing...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eriqx
Had been casually looking for *something* for years and years.... old Saabs, Triumphs, Volvo 1800s, etc... Just to satisfy my general need for a fun car project on the side. Last week I picked up my 1970 914 1.7L for what I hope was a pretty reasonable price. It was for sale in the area, and it was apparently time to pull the trigger.

Anyways..... really glad I passed over some of those other cars... really happy with the decision, absolutely LOVING this car. It's driveable and in good shape. Some items to fix, as expected. Looking forward to fixing her up, keeping her a long long time, and getting some ideas/inspiration from the forums here.

Hi Everyone!

- Eriq

Click to view attachment
914itis
welcome.png
SirAndy
welcome.png

Looks like a nice car.

Now go buy some jackstands and fix the rust you haven't found yet!
biggrin.gif
eriqx
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 11 2014, 01:32 PM) *

welcome.png

Looks like a nice car.

biggrin.gif

oh yeah... actually the dealer (little corner lot) put it up so i could check that out before i bought it. overall pretty clean under there (originally a california car apparently) - it's in Milwaukee WI now.

There is one spot thou, that i can stick my fingers thru. it's on my fix it list!
JmuRiz
welcome.png
Enjoy the wild ride with this group...and you may want to re-think your intro picture.

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but the first thing I thought of was this:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Just kidding of course biggrin.gif
hndyhrr
welcome.png
eriqx
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 11 2014, 01:59 PM) *

welcome.png
Enjoy the wild ride with this group...and you may want to re-think your intro picture.

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but the first thing I thought of was this:
IPB Image
IPB Image

Just kidding of course biggrin.gif

hmm.. maybe i'll re-shoot the pic in some sort of gangsta-style. not that there's anything wrong with that...
ClayPerrine
welcome.png

Congrats, You have just joined a community of idiots, imbeciles, and dimwits. 914 ownership is a disease that, once you catch it, you will never be able to cure. Everyone here has it, and most of us don't want to be cured.

Ask questions, get with the local people, and enjoy your car. Soon it will reside in your garage for some sort of repairs or upgrade or whatnot. Just don't let it grow 914 feet (aka Jackstands).

We are glad you are here. driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Big Len
Good luck. Love the wheels and the Euro taillights.

Go Pack Go.
wndsnd
welcome.png

Looks Great!

John
Chris H.
welcome.png Yeah love the wheels. There is a 914 gathering at Garold's in Portage on August 16th in case you want to come.
eyesright
I thought the caption for your photo should be "Eat your heart out all you rust buckets"

Looks like a winner. good luck and enjoy the summer up there. Nothing like summer in the north!
76-914
welcome.png Listen to what Clay said.
mgp4591
QUOTE(eriqx @ Jul 11 2014, 12:36 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 11 2014, 01:32 PM) *

welcome.png

Looks like a nice car.

biggrin.gif

oh yeah... actually the dealer (little corner lot) put it up so i could check that out before i bought it. overall pretty clean under there (originally a california car apparently) - it's in Milwaukee WI now.

There is one spot thou, that i can stick my fingers thru. it's on my fix it list!

If there's one, there's probably more but don't let it get you down- it's worth the effort! Nice looking car too, you'll have fun no matter what. And welcome.png
MDG
welcome.png

Those two photos in your initial post; it's one of those 'spot the difference' things, no?

mellow.gif

THE FENCE IS MISSING!
mgp4591
QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 11 2014, 04:34 PM) *

welcome.png

Those two photos in your initial post; it's one of those 'spot the difference' things, no?

mellow.gif

THE FENCE IS MISSING!

Not missing- different angle, moved to the left (subjects' right). Always want to get the right exposure!
KELTY360
welcome.png

You do realize the top comes off, right? shades.gif

Better get a big supply of SPF 1000.
jmill
QUOTE(eriqx @ Jul 11 2014, 01:36 PM) *

(originally a california car apparently) - it's in Milwaukee WI now.

Oh hell yeah! Finally another 914 owner in my area.

welcome.png
Larmo63
"Congrats, You have just joined a community of idiots, imbeciles, and dimwits. 914 ownership is a disease that, once you catch it, you will never be able to cure. Everyone here has it, and most of us don't want to be cured." welcome.png
Larmo63
double post, sorry
Mike Bellis
welcome.png

and the madness... happy11.gif
eriqx
QUOTE(jmill @ Jul 11 2014, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(eriqx @ Jul 11 2014, 01:36 PM) *

(originally a california car apparently) - it's in Milwaukee WI now.

Oh hell yeah! Finally another 914 owner in my area.

welcome.png

...and I saw a White 914 last night in Sussex WI, what are the odds? Anyone on here driving that one?
eriqx
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jul 11 2014, 05:55 PM) *

welcome.png

You do realize the top comes off, right? shades.gif

Better get a big supply of SPF 1000.

LOVE it with the top off.. And yeah my bald noggin needs a little SPF on those days.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
cpavlenko
welcome.png nice looking 914, enjoy.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Now you will have no doubt what to do with your free time....Seriously, welcome to madness.
campbellcj
Congrats! welcome.png
ConeDodger
welcome.png if you found a hole you can stick your finger through, you've got some exploring to do. Get at it... dry.gif
orthobiz
Welcome!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.