Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pressure regulator bracket?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Is there a fuel pressure regulator bracket for a 1970 1.7 engine? I assume if there is one would it be located on the engine tin or engine block? Or does the fuel regulator just lay on the engine tin?

Thanks,
Buck
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Jul 11 2014, 02:50 PM) *

Is there a fuel pressure regulator bracket for a 1970 1.7 engine? I assume if there is one would it be located on the engine tin or engine block? Or does the fuel regulator just lay on the engine tin?

Thanks,
Buck

It is supposed to be attached to a bracket that is welded to the left engine tin at the rear. If it is missing, you can get one and bolt it on.

eyesright
There is one on my '76 but it was broken when I got it. The regulator seems to be well supported by the FI hose on both sides, doesn't bang against the sheet metal, so I have left well enough alone. I check it now and then.

I have wondered if it broke due to vibration/metal fatigue but I think that takes a lot of very high frequencies such as you find on jet engines and that bracket is pretty stout. No idea.
worn
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Jul 11 2014, 11:50 AM) *

Thanks,
Buck

It is an L shaped piece of sheet metal with a hole in it for the regulator to attach to. If it is broken off and gone you can attach one to the engine tine with sheet metal screws or rivets if you don't want to weld it. I had to fabricate and weld mine in. Long gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.