Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion Aug 15 - Carmel CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
Event details here: http://www.werksreunion.com/

500 P-cars expected in a beautiful venue during Monterey Car WeeK

This for-real event is a great opportunity for us non-members, from our non-chapters, to represent the 914world non-club en masse

You in?

Spectators are free (park across the street for a small fee). Display your P-car in the Corral for $40. Enter the Concours for $60. Pretty easy. You must pre-register online though.

Anyone wanting to join me for the trip to Carmel early on Aug 15 is welcome to join a caravan over Highway 17 and down the coast.

We will leave from the Home Depot parking lot in Campbell, CA promptly at 6:15am.

480 E Hamilton Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
Mike Bellis
I'm trying to get mine off jack stands by then.

The Diablo PCA is hosting a caravan from the Safeway parking lot at Bernal & 680 in Pleasanton CA. It's meeting early, 5:45am.

6790 Bernal Av.
race914
Thanks for posting this.. I'm coming up for the Historics and may come a day early for this event...
dlkawashima
I'm in ... signed up and ready to go! I'm not really into the car show thing, but I did sign up for the car corral. It's a good excuse to play hooky from work for a day. Jeff, I'll meet up with you at the Home Depot and caravan down.
Mike Bellis
I'm signed up for the corral.

I'm not sure yet which caravan I will take. Jeff B's looks better for time. The 680 S commute will be in effect and the PCA guys might get caught in it.
JeffBowlsby
Cool Dave! Will be great to hang with you for the day. Looks like Tom Trudell is also signed up...he has a clean Renegade Subified 914.

Cool Mike! If you decide to ride with us, let me know and we can tag team it down to Campbell if you want.
Elliot Cannon
I'll register for the corral but probably won't make the historics. You almost need a 4X4 to park in the dirt at Laguna Seca. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
I'll spend Thursday night in Castroville (I didn't feel like paying $5.90 for one night). dry.gif I'm registered for the corral. I'll see you all on the 15th.
Cheers, Elliot
JeffBowlsby
Excellent news Elliot! Will be good to see you and your beast of a 914 again. Been a long time.
dgw
I'm registered for the event but then the wifes cousin decided to get married in Kansas City that weekend. I thought she could go to the wedding and I could do some fun stuff, but that was not going to fly. Then I tried to convince her that I should be able to wear blue jeans and a T shirt to the wedding. You can imagine how that went over.

Bottom line is of course that I wont be at Werks. It sounds like a great time.
matthepcat
Hoping to get her road legal...ish to join..... taken alot of vacation days this summer, so not sure I can miss another work day.
dlkawashima
icon_bump.gif for Werks (not Wrecks, though I'm sure wrecks are welcome too).
race914
All signed up!

Sounds like a fun event.

Cool that it's in Carmel.

Maybe Clint will wander through and make our day.....
Ferg
I'm driving out in the GTO, and I'm pit crew for my buddy's Jagermeister RSK car all weekend at the track, but I think I should have time to swing by on friday.

Hope to see some of you there! If you are going to the races, look for me in the pits, Orange 75 Jagermeister 911 RSK.

Ferg beerchug.gif
Michael N
Registered for the corral today. Now working on Kathy N to attend this year with her car.
Ferg
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jul 18 2014, 01:41 PM) *

Registered for the corral today. Now working on Kathy N to attend this year with her car.

Cool smilie_pokal.gif
race914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 18 2014, 02:05 PM) *

I'm driving out in the GTO, and I'm pit crew for my buddy's Jagermeister RSK car all weekend at the track, but I think I should have time to swing by on friday.

Hope to see some of you there! If you are going to the races, look for me in the pits, Orange 75 Jagermeister 911 RSK.

Ferg beerchug.gif

Will stop by on Sunday!!!
Mike Bellis
I have decided to caravan with my 914 brothers. smile.gif

Jeff, how about we meet at the the Starbucks on Alcosta at Village Parkway. You name the time.
JeffBowlsby
That's a great idea Mike, its just around the corner from my house. Lets leave there at 0515 hours, to get to Campbell a few minutes early.

The event has around 400 signups already, with 4 weeks to go...I think it is going to be fun.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 18 2014, 08:16 PM) *

That's a great idea Mike, its just around the corner from my house. Lets leave there at 0515 hours, to get to Campbell a few minutes early.

The event has around 400 signups already, with 4 weeks to go...I think it is going to be fun.

I'll be there!

Looks like almost 10 or so 914's registered. evilgrin.gif
Dtjaden
Campbell is a little out of my way but the caravan sounds like fun. I'll be there at 6:15!
Manny Alban
There's only 40 spots left. Rancho Canada will only allow us 500 cars. Every concours and corral entrant will receive a very cool aluminum Michelin folding chair, plus door prize entry for an all expensive paid trip for two to the 2015 Le Mans (maybe Porsche will win this time), tires, etc. Better odds than at the Parade banquets (they usually have over 1000 people).

There are going to be some very cool cars attending...can't wait.
Ferg
OK, I just confirmed that I will be at this event as well. I'm helping out with the showing of a 58 Carrera Speedster. Tough work, but somebody's gotta do it shades.gif
MartyYeoman
Registered for the corral. piratenanner.gif
race914
I'm registered for the corral too but since my 914 is track only I have to bring the "other" Porsche. Will try and find you guys. My plan is to do surveillance at the bier garden... beer3.gif I'll be the one drinking a beer
dlkawashima
I count fourteen 914s registered and 32 spots left.
JeffBowlsby
The event ends mid afternoon...anyone want to organize an afterparty somewhere nearby for a group 914 photo and chow?
MartyYeoman
I'm thinking of taking this in after the Werks breaks up.
Not so sure about being in the event, Maybe just staking a spot along the route somewhere and watching all the money drive by.

http://pgrotary.org/lawyer/19th-Annual-Pac...ally_cp8084.htm
Alice
My 3.2 project will not be ready .
I needed to find a new tub . Just a small set back .
Found one .
Can a 930 run with u guys ?

cheer.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Alice @ Jul 23 2014, 07:45 PM) *

My 3.2 project will not be ready .
I needed to find a new tub . Just a small set back .
Found one .
Can a 930 run with u guys ?

cheer.gif

Yea! of course. driving.gif
Michael N
Just a heads up to all plan extra time to where ever you are going on Friday in Carmel and Monterey. Last year I just caught in traffic as the Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance runs the same morning thru the area and roads get blocked to keep them running. After the Legends event the highway was grid locked ( bumper to bumper - old air cooled cars) That being said I would be up for a get together afterwards.

Manny Alban
FYI. Werks is hiring a CHP officer to help cars exit the event in the afternoon. In past years, Legends did not have this and it was a game of chicken trying to make a left out of the golf course.
Michael N
QUOTE(Manny Alban @ Jul 24 2014, 07:49 AM) *

FYI. Werks is hiring a CHP officer to help cars exit the event in the afternoon. In past years, Legends did not have this and it was a game of chicken trying to make a left out of the golf course.

Great call Manny.
race914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 23 2014, 05:25 PM) *

The event ends mid afternoon...anyone want to organize an afterparty somewhere nearby for a group 914 photo and chow?

I'm in!
dlkawashima
Werks Reunion is now sold out. Looks like sixteen 914s made it into the event ... six for the Concours and 10 in the corral.
PotterPorsche
I found out a little too late. But I may try to drive down with you guys and park across the street at the church if that is okay.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Aug 4 2014, 09:20 PM) *

I found out a little too late. But I may try to drive down with you guys and park across the street at the church if that is okay.

It's OK with me. You can meet us in San Ramon (Alcosta & Village Parkway) at Starbucks around 5am. Or meet us in San Jose around 6am.
matthepcat
Yea I dragged my heels too long to get a spot. Depending on how the car is doing, I may join you in the church parking lot.

QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Aug 4 2014, 09:20 PM) *

Ferg
I'm driving out this Sunday for the week. If anyone is doing the early week stuff (cars on the avenue in Carmel, the little car show ect) keep a lookout for me.

My cell 720-470, ten sixty three

Here is a recent pic so you can recognize me smile.gif
Click to view attachment
race914
We should pick a time and place to all meet up.

How about High Noon at the Beer Tent?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(race914 @ Aug 8 2014, 11:25 AM) *

We should pick a time and place to all meet up.

How about High Noon at the Beer Tent?

Works for me. I'm volunteering to help from 9am-12pm.
Elliot Cannon
Volunteering?? I thought you were former Marine enlisted? $hit. You weren't an officer were you? laugh.gif sheeplove.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 8 2014, 09:11 PM) *

Volunteering?? I thought you were former Marine enlisted? $hit. You weren't an officer were you? laugh.gif sheeplove.gif

You're right. I screwed up... Never volunteer for anything... What was I thinking? blink.gif
race914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 8 2014, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 8 2014, 09:11 PM) *

You're right. I screwed up... Never volunteer for anything... What was I thinking? blink.gif

So the fact you volunteered is a good reason to have a beer at Noon at the Bier Tent!

Mike, So far from the posts on this thread to meet up @ Noon, it's just you and me.... beerchug.gif

I'll be the one drinking a beer beer3.gif
JeffBowlsby
Last call for the 914 caravan to Werks Reunion tomorrow. Bright and early!

See post#1 for the rendezvous details.
Elliot Cannon
I'll be saying at the Arichoke Inn in Castroville for a early start. See ya tomorrow.
Cheers, Elliot
PotterPorsche
I will meet you guys in Campbell at around 6:05. I got the day off
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 14 2014, 10:26 AM) *

Last call for the 914 caravan to Werks Reunion tomorrow. Bright and early!

See post#1 for the rendezvous details.

I hope to meet up with you for the caravan or will meet you there if I sleep in. I'm driving the Lincoln LS since the 914 battery is still an issue.
Michael N
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 14 2014, 09:45 AM) *

I'll be saying at the Arichoke Inn in Castroville for a early start. See ya tomorrow.
Cheers, Elliot

Elliot...aren't you already late? biggrin.gif
matthepcat
If I can't get my butt out of bed on time...I will try and catch up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.