Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
I'm the new guy in the area, having moved to the Northwest last month.

chowtime.gif I am organizing breakfast in the area that I am becoming familiar with and urge all members to join. We did this 2-3 times a year in the SF Bay Area and drew members from all over the area.

As the organizer, I choose the place (with adequate parking) and date. I work with the restaurant to have tables ready for us at the appointed time.

Dates are flexible, if another date is better for most, it can be changed. If you want another place - you become the organizer.

What about the first Saturday in August - the 2nd?

The Restaurant: Hi Iu Hee Hee in Gig Harbor. Don't laugh, that is really the name. http://www.hyiuheehee.com/

When we've done this before, we meet at 9:14, stand around in the parking and BS for while and then go to breakfast. This gives everyone an opportunity to talk to old friends, look at cars and meet the new guy.

The BS time is good because it lets the restaurant get ready for us.

See you at 9:14 on the 2nd? Let us know.

MartyYeoman
Didn't know you moved away. bye1.gif See ya.
Daiberl
August 2nd is the Porsche Swap Meet in Seattle, the last years we met there for breakfast. Start is at 8 AM, address is 6532 phinney ave n, seattle, wa, 98103. I will be there so if we do breakfast in this area I'm in.
JimN73
I did not know that. Tell me more about the swap meet. I'll be there for breakfast and try to organize another time.

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 12 2014, 04:50 PM) *

August 2nd is the Porsche Swap Meet in Seattle, the last years we met there for breakfast. Start is at 8 AM, address is 6532 phinney ave n, seattle, wa, 98103. I will be there so if we do breakfast in this area I'm in.

NORD

Jim; It is the only Porsche swap meet in the PNW, put on by Walker and the place is Phiney as Jorgun has addressed. Glad to see someone up here is putting a get together together. driving.gif

Welcome to the PNW
AfricanHijinx
there is a VW show/swap at the North Seattle Community College July 19 with drags on the 20th. I will be there.
Bleyseng
Not too much Porsche stuff at the VW meet but the Walker meet is the one time to get Porsche stuff in the NW. Of course, I'll be outta town again to miss it.
Daiberl
Details are here: http://www.pnwr.org/calendar07/display.asp...amp;Window=Same

I plan to be there as always around 8 AM for a first check whats available and then up for breakfast around 9 - 9:30, maybe Pete's Eggnest, http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/1/5539/restaur...Eggnest-Seattle?
JimN73
Pete's Eggnest looks good to me. Do you normally get together and invade as a group or infiltrate one at a time?
aircooledtechguy
Usually we all trickle into the swap individually. Then around 10am we gather up and have breakfast up the street (walk up).

I hope you all have a great time this year and find lots of good stuff. I'm out his time though. Too much to do on my car before Bonneville and I'm running out of days and $$$ to get it all done. . .
rhodyguy
the diner up the stairs from the swap meet had swell food the last time we all went there. the small place on greenwood. 7:30 is a better time to arrive. easier to park which can be a pita at times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.