Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-Jet fuel pressure question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
Still tracking down an intermittent miss under hard acceleration.
So I was looking at fuel pressure this afternoon.

at idle I have 34psi.
If I slowly accelerate the engine the pressure drops to 30psi.

With a quick snap of the throttle the pressure will jump up to 40-45psi but then quickly drops back to 30psi.

Does this seem to be where I should be as far as correct pressure numbers Or do I need to invest in an adjustable pressure regulator?

Also I am running pretronix and questioning the coil. I am using a standard Bosch blue coil.
Do I need to look at something with higher performance for in a 2056?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jmargush @ Jul 12 2014, 06:43 PM) *

Still tracking down an intermittent miss under hard acceleration.
So I was looking at fuel pressure this afternoon.

at idle I have 34psi.
If I slowly accelerate the engine the pressure drops to 30psi.

With a quick snap of the throttle the pressure will jump up to 40-45psi but then quickly drops back to 30psi.

Does this seem to be where I should be as far as correct pressure numbers Or do I need to invest in an adjustable pressure regulator?

Also I am running pretronix and questioning the coil. I am using a standard Bosch blue coil.
Do I need to look at something with higher performance for in a 2056?

L-Jet fuel pressure should be 32 psi with the vacuum line disconnected. With it connected, it should be 28. Sounds like something is wrong there, maybe a fuel pressure regulator or a pinched return line.

Cap'n Krusty
Maybe the vacuum hose is connected to the wrong source .................. Snapping the throttle won't give you a good idea where the pressure is under load, which is where it counts. A pinched return line sends the pressure up all the time, usually a lot higher than you report.

The Cap'n
jmargush
This was taken with vacuum line still connected
Guess I need to recheck it.

Gauge is a cheap harbor freight gauge so not sure how accurate it is.
jmargush
Ok got back in the garage and pressure with vacuum not attached is 40 psi when car was first started 38 with vacuum

After warmed up it was running 33psi with vacuum attached

moderate acceleration I was getting 35psi
Hard acceleration 39psi

cruising 35psi
coast 30-31 psi

When the miss happens pressure was still reading 39psi so I am thinking this is not a pressure issue. Agree?

the miss starts at around 3k rpm and is more prevalent after the is warmed up.

I need to check the valves as it is due for the first adjustment after the rebuild other than that it seems like the advance might not be working?

Any other suggestions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.