Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Siting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Looks like a 914 .....
914_teener
Looks like yours.........
bulitt
Been to Cambria once in my life. Woke up in the morning and found myself right in the middle of the National 356 gathering...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jul 12 2014, 06:00 PM) *

Been to Cambria once in my life. Woke up in the morning and found myself right in the middle of the National 356 gathering...

Cambria has been the gathering spot for Rennegade, 356, and many others. It's an ideal location for club gatherings.
lonewolfe
Cambrian is an awesome little town. I took my girlfriend there for a weekend a few years ago. Lived it and need to go back soon! Great coastal driving and Hearst Castle is right up the road if you want to be floored by how the other half used to live! Pretty amazing place!
jim_hoyland
Given the location between So Cal and No Cal/ Ore, the scenic location, and access to I101 and I5. This would be a terrific site for the next WCR.

At the recent Porsche Parade, we did a drive to Ragged Point via Big Sur. Both are just north of Cambria. Best 914 driving road around, most scenic too.

Cambria also has some very reasonably priced motels that can accomodate a club event, a great bakery, and small enough to walk to most places. No Starbucks, no fast food joints, one gas station............ smile.gif
76-914
Big Sur. wub.gif I've been in love with Big Sur since I read " Be not Content" in Philosophy ( I know, go figure) years ago. Still haven't been there but the Dream is alive and well, inside me.
Elliot Cannon
There is at this moment a severe water shortage in Cambria. Very severe. sad.gif
914_teener
Our cars are air cooled Elyut! They don't need water.... laugh.gif

Who needs water when you are close to the greatest vineyards in the world.

It is a great halfway point to Big Sur and Monterrey.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 13 2014, 03:26 PM) *

Who needs water when you are close to the greatest vineyards in the world.

It is a great halfway point to Big Sur and Monterrey.

Point well taken. laugh.gif
TINCAN914
Jim,
One of my favorite places to go. We stayed at the Bluebird inn several years ago. Great place to drive the 914...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Jul 13 2014, 05:00 PM) *

Jim,
One of my favorite places to go. We stayed at the Bluebird inn several years ago. Great place to drive the 914...

Did you visit the French Bakery on the corner ?
Andyrew
Jim,

Thats yours right? I mean it looks like its the same background as your avatar pic...
Downerman
I just went over from Fort Hunter Leggitt to Highway 1 and up through big sur to Monterey. Met my daughter and had lunch. She teaches at Captain Cooper in Big sur. Beautiful spot.

BTW..... I think 101 is a highway and of course I-5 in an interstate. I looked up the difference and it's a bunch of BS about congress and money. BFD.......

unfortunately the 914 Renegade is not done but my TDI cup edition was a pleasure too. Nice pic by the way.

Dave
914_teener
Jim,

Are you raising your hand for organizing the WCR in Cambria?

Trip to Monterrey?

poke.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 14 2014, 12:51 PM) *

Jim,

Thats yours right? I mean it looks like its the same background as your avatar pic...

Yup. smile.gif
wes
Jim this must mean you are going to hang onto your car for at lest another year!
Chris H.
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 13 2014, 05:26 PM) *

Crap...what did I do? w00t.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.