Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Lost 4 family members in 1 year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
This is for all you I feel great, I don't need doctors, why get a check up, types here. Well the Shaffer family has lost our 4th cousin in the past 13 months to a massive heart attack. My 1st cousin was 53, died at work. Next cousin was 52, died at home. The 3rd cousin was 56 died while on a boyscout camping trip, and now a 4th cousin, 53, brother of the 56 yr, died at home.

What did they all have in common? Other than being family, they NEVER went to the doctor for checkups. I am not saying that if they did they would still be here, but a once a year check is worth it. If you have a family history of heart related problems, please get checked.
rick 918-S
I'm with you man. my dad was 50. Had his first heart attack at 38. He ate steak and drank beer and lived everyday like it was his last.
jim912928
very wise words....
SpecialK
I get checked twice a year....heart attack at 34 while sleeping on a Sunday morning (well....It woke me up IPB Image ), genetic thing (arterial spasms). Medication forever. IPB Image

Still smoke and drink...... IPB Image
GaroldShaffer
I had my scare about 4 yrs ago. Felt like my heart was going to pound out my chest, sharp pains in chest. It ended up being "painc attack", about what I have no idea, but I did all the testing they could do. The good thing that came out of that was it got me to go to the DR every year for a checkup. Last year my blood pressure was a little higher than my doctor liked. After watching it for a few months I am now on blood pressure medication, I'm 39. IPB Image I get my blood work done evey 6 months, so far so good.

I have also started working to keep m weight in check. Since thanksgiving week 2004 I have lost 22 lbs and I wouldn't mind if I lost another 10 - 15 lbs. Its been a life style change, but it is worth it. I still eat whatever I want just not as much. IPB Image
Jake Raby
Damn,
I should not have read this...

I haven't been to a Dr since 1997... Not even for a cold..

I work too much, hardly get any sleep, usually eat one big meal a day of whatever the hell I want thats normally fried and know I'll be paying for it sometime soon...

Thats why I drive so fast... May as well go out with a skid!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.