Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Using the water logs instead of the water pump on the LS, I wonder what/if/where the thermostat is being used, or how is it being implemented?
Mike Bellis
What water pump are you running?

I'm running an electric on my conversion. I have a thermostat with holes drilled in it. I could get away without one but it's a PITA to pull it out now.

The thermostat mostly helps to warm up the engine faster and keep it at operating temp.
bobo914
Using the term "water logs" it sounds like you are talking about the Renegade set up. They use an electric water pump that has the thermostat housed inside.
partwerks
At this point I was just going to try and make the water logs, but the mechanic was inquiring about what route is usually taken for the thermostat.

I wish I had a pic of the back side of the logs. I'll probably have to add on another place for the heater. I have a junk water pump to pattern off of.

Any places in specific to get the electric water pump at, or exactly what type?? I may as well check out as many places I can for the best deal.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.