Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camp Trunk Shox install Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I'm mounting the Camp trunk shop today. When I try to compress the shocks not on the cat, they're locked solid open. I cannot compress them any. Not a millimeter.

Are they bad, old and stuck, locked somehow, or is that the way they should be off the car?

Does closing the trunk apply so much leverage that they'll work ok ?

Help ! confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
Steel trunk lids are pretty heavy. The geometry between the hoods and the shocks is such that the leverage makes the trunks even heavier in terms of collapsing the shocks. Install them and try closing the trunk lid. My guess is the shock will collapse easily.
bandjoey
Ok thanks. Will give it a try. Just didn't want to bend the strut under too much load.
bandjoey
Didn't work. Shox are frozen. Installed and cannot close the lid not one mm.

If there's a lock I can't find it. Have to call Camp I guess
bandjoey
Surprise Sunday phone call. Camp 914 is sending me a new set. Great customer service! Thanks
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 13 2014, 08:47 PM) *

Surprise Sunday phone call. Camp 914 is sending me a new set. Great customer service! Thanks

I met Craig in 04 at the WCC. I had no springs on my rear lid as I just finished installing the 928 engine. I told Craig I was going to order a set of his shocks when I got back home. He came back over a couple minutes later and handed me a set. He said send me a check when you get back home if you thing about it. I have the shocks on the Alien. They still work perfect. Great guy and a good product.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 14 2014, 03:09 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 13 2014, 08:47 PM) *

I met Craig in 04 at the WCC. I had no springs on my rear lid as I just finished installing the 928 engine. I told Craig I was going to order a set of his shocks when I got back home. He came back over a couple minutes later and handed me a set. He said send me a check when you get back home if you thing about it. I have the shocks on the Alien. They still work perfect. Great guy and a good product.

poke.gif you should send him a check Rick! biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Craig is a good guy and does a great job.

Back in the day, John Williamson (the late Otto from Venice, Ca.) sent me all the parts for my 914-6 conversion car with the promise that I'd send him a check or return the parts if they didn't work for me. Gotta love a fellow like that (even though he enjoyed playing the old curmodgeon with folks when he could). RIP John!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.