Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 distributor fit a VW beetle type 1 engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LCOX
Hey all. I have a friend here locally with a 1974 vw beetle with the type 1 engine.

He is looking for a distributor and asked me if an aftermarket Bosche 009 distributor or the factory fuel injection distributor used on the 1.7 and 2.0 914 engine would physically fit his engine.

I told him I would post this question here and try to help him out. Anyone know?
era vulgaris
If he still has the single carb 34pict3 setup, then he needs an SVDA distributor for that engine to run correctly. The 009 will leave a flatspot. The SVDA is the correct distributor for a single carb type1.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Aircooled-Net...-p/acn-svda.htm
einic
It fits, even the wasserboxer distributor fits.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(LCOX @ Jul 13 2014, 04:44 PM) *

Hey all. I have a friend here locally with a 1974 vw beetle with the type 1 engine.

He is looking for a distributor and asked me if an aftermarket Bosche 009 distributor or the factory fuel injection distributor used on the 1.7 and 2.0 914 engine would physically fit his engine.

I told him I would post this question here and try to help him out. Anyone know?

They will work but they suck, use a 1.8 l-jet dizzy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.