Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 5 lug conversion part list w/ new style Bilsteins?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NuclearPenske7
First post on here so be gentle on me. tongue.gif

A little background info: I purchased a 1970 914 a couple months ago to do a Subaru conversion. It even came with 1.7 engine and 5-speed trans but it's been sitting there for a decade and I need to get everything back into shape. Anyway, I like the Fuchs so much that I want to do the 5-lug conversion just to run them, or more specifically the Euromeister replicas (16x9 or 16x10 under GT flares) because that's all I can afford for this build.

I started looking at 911 front struts but most of them are around $200-250 per corner used and need new inserts and aren't in the best condition. So for a bit more I decided to do the conversion around the new Bilstein 911 struts:

IPB Image

I looked up the 5-lug conversion article on Pelican and they're a bit vague on exactly what I need. Here's a part list I've put together so far, and I want to know if there's anything on the list that I don't need or if there's something missing:

[Front]
Bilstein strut assemblies
Eibach 2-1/4" springs
911 spindle/hub
911 brakes (not sure which exact ones I need or options I have)
911 steering rack (not sure if 914 rack would work)
911 sway bar (not sure if 914 sway bar would work)

[Rear]
944 CV (hybrid axles for conversion accepts this)
944 spindle (not sure about this)
Brakes? (not sure what my options are here)

Thanks in advance for any help.
914Sixer
Go to Classic threads. Eric Shea from PMB has written all you need to know there.
zambezi
Some reading for you
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.