Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My First 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JtoTheBeezy
Hey guys! New to 914world! I just picked my first 914 yesterday. My dad just finished restoring a 74' 2.0 and has inspired me to get one. Im 18 and I have owned several water cooled 70's Volkswagen so I thought I'd try my luck on some air cooled.

Its a 74' big bore 2.0 with steel flares slotted rotors and some other goodies. Should be a fun little project.

Its running rich though and it dies when warm and is very difficult to start when it does die warm. From my research it seems to be vacuum related either with the aar valve or the head temp sensor. Im going to start by replacing the vacuum lines and go from there. Any advice is appreciated!

JtoTheBeezy
Il
JtoTheBeezy
More pics!
euro911
You may be experiencing vapor lock. Moving the fuel pump out of the engine bay and up to the fuel tank area eliminates a lot of the problem.

Leaking vacuum lines will definitely cause a myriad of combustion issues with FI systems. If you suspect they're old and leaking, by all means, replace them.

There's a lot of good info available, I'll recommend Jeff Bowlsby's site for FI trouble-shooting techniques ... Click here

welcome.png

EDIT

Oh, and get some wider wheels on that thing poke.gif
raw1298
Welcome! Nice to see another teener in Sacto. welcome.png
KELTY360
welcome.png
Big Len
welcome.png Use this as your build thread. As you progress, add pics and comments.

Don't rush and try to have fun.
Cairo94507
Very cool that your Dad and you have the same passion and can enjoy it together. Good luck; seems like a nice car to start with. welcome.png
dudzy's914
Did it come with parts to finish the car? If not you'll be on for a treat.
JStroud
welcome.png Justin.

I saw the car, sounds healthy. (Headers) it will be a nice start, car seems pretty solid.
I've got a bunch of 2.0 parts I'll never use and vacuum lines if you need them.
2.7 is out of the white car and the lift is free if you want to bring it by on a weekend.

Jeff
wndsnd
welcome.png
JtoTheBeezy
Update! Painted bumpers silver and rattles canned the car in flat black. I have most of the interior in and have some 17x8 bbs rs that should be on it in the next week or so.
race914
welcome.png
JtoTheBeezy
Just picked these wheels up yesterday. 17x8 bbs rs!!

They need to be redrilled then theyre going on the car
PanelBilly
Welcome
green914
Looks like you are ready for some fun times wacko.gif welcome.png
oldschool
welcome.png very cool to see a young kat..into 914's aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.